Hello !

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by schlogo, Jan 16, 2023.

1. schlogo

schlogo New Member

Hello all

I am Oliver from Canada, i am trying to estimate the value of this walkman. I see a lot of diffèrent Numbers everywhere. Can you help ?

It does work
    the belt ( is that the name ) is to be changed
    It has the box, microphone, plug,
    radio is working
    headset is missing

I ll be posting this in the 2 hand part of the forum.

maybe a get a price or evaluation section would be useful ? Or does it exist and i missed it ?

tks !

Attached Files:

overmodulated likes this.
  2. Valentin

Valentin Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum !

We can help you in giving some guidelines, but we can't give you an exact price quotation because at the end of day the price is what the buyer is willing to pay and how many potential buyers are out there.
    The fact that device is boxed, has the original microphone and is in overall very good condition is a big plus.
    The value of a boxed walkman with accesories is higher than just the walkman itself and cosmetic condition does play a significant role.
    If the device has been serviced that will increase its value, but it does depend on what was done specifically. Just a belt change doesn't double its value, even if replacment is difficult.

A quick search on ebay renders only 2 results: one listing at 30USD and another at 250USD (this is refurbished).
    Neither of these numbers are a reference, because none of the listings is complete (meaning the device has actually been sold).
    Also, the fact that it's rare does not necessarily mean its value is very high, but given its a SONY I imagine there are potential customers.

I suggest posting in the 2nd hand section of the forum and eventually on ebay/local auction site, starting at a higher price and dropping it down if it doesn't sell.
    This way you will find out what the potential buyer is actually willing to pay.

schlogo likes this.
  3. schlogo

schlogo New Member

Tks Valentin for your welcome, i am going to post on the 2nd hand forum !

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, pricing is so difficult, even more so with less collectable units but the box is a huge bonus. Someone might be interested because it's kind of rare with the box and they want to fill in shelf space but for me personally I'd only buy it for a few bucks and just because it records. 15 years ago, it was difficult to find recording players but now there's a ton for sale.

I've been wrong before but you may get some bites on it.

Not sure why it has the two model numbers
    https://walkmancentral.com/products/wm-f66

5. overmodulated

overmodulated Active Member

Welcome Oliver.