Hunting for a white OwOlkman (wm-505/f606)

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Raposa Dislexa, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Raposa Dislexa

Raposa Dislexa New Member

Yo! I'm looking for a white Walkman Wm-506 or Wm-f606. Doesn't matter if it's working as I can try fixing it (if it's not totally busted), but at least cosmetically good! Accessories would be nice but not needed
    wm-f606-11.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

3. Raposa Dislexa

Mister X likes this.
  4. Thomas Monteith

Thomas Monteith Active Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    Recaptcha likes this.
  5. Raposa Dislexa

Yeah the second one is way too beyond what I'm willing to get. About the first one my concern is how yellow it looks, I don't know if it's the picture itself being funky with auto balance or the walkman really yellowed that much.

6. Thomas Monteith

I can only take the horse to water,Its okay,you dont need to thank me for taking time out my day to search for the specific item you are looking for.Good manners cost nothing.

On The Beach likes this.
  7. Raposa Dislexa

8. Thomas Monteith

Generally when someone goes to the effort of trying to help an individual in their quest to find something,it’s usually common courtesy to say thanks.
    Understand there may be a language/cultural barrier but i think manners is a universal thing.

On The Beach likes this.
  9. Raposa Dislexa

Yes man I'm thankful, it's that I was just chatting about the condition. I'm not saying that your help was useless or bad because of it, I'm just engaging expecting more replies before a "official" gratefulness. My bad if it seemed otherwise.

10. Thomas Monteith

Thank you,also remember to temper your expectation levels.We dont know your budgetary constraints and these are all creeping up in value.You implied you were willing to fix it up and thats the only two i could find in the Japanese market which is the best place to look.
    Sometimes we all have to compromise on items we want if there is a very limited supply.

11. Analogtape

Analogtape Member

Maybe a bit off topic, but most white plastics become yellow over time due to UV exposure. There is a method to bleach yellowed plastic using oxydant cream (hydrogen peroxide 12% 40 vol) and with UV light.
    Worked well for some of my turntables, even on printed surfaces (Sony PS-F5).
    Search for how to bleach yellowed plastic for details.
    Maybe worth to buy the yellowed one listed above and give it a try with this method.

12. Recaptcha

Recaptcha Well-Known Member

owo?!? good lord... :shock

Anywho, I second Analogtape's post. On this site, we have to do a lot of cosmetic and electronic restoration. This is because it's hard to find good examples of these aging Walkmans, and hey, the fun is finding it cheap, fixing it, and giving you something cool to show and talk about with friends lol! It's not for beginners, or the faint of heart, but if you are willing to learn, you got the best people right here to help ya.

Personal insight: This model is wireless, and the remote/headphone receiver always gets lost. I'd be worried less about yellowing, and more about getting it complete... :headbang:

13. Guilherme Henrique

Guilherme Henrique New Member

Hello fellow Brazilian! I don't know how to help you unfortunately but that's a relatable nickname and a pretty funny title good luck on your hunt for the owo walkman PS due to my other hobbies which I'm pretty sure we share that's how I'm going to be calling this model now lol