Greetings from Portugal!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by TreezZ, Apr 16, 2023.

1. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Hello there! Recently I've found myself pretty passionate about Walkmans, and I finally decided to create an account on this forum, which to my understanding, is pretty much the go-to when it comes to Walkmans. Until now, I've been finding as much info as I can on sites like the Walkman Archive, the Walkman Central, and Walkman Land.

My first two Walkmans were a Sony WM EX2 and a WM EX500, which I got about a month ago for 130 euros total (with the EX500 being complete in box). The EX500 presented quite noticeable amounts of wow/flutter, so I've been using my EX2 daily, and I've come to realise how much I enjoy it, and how good it is, compared to the EX500.

I'll probably be in these forums a whole bunch, so I hope I don't end up being too annoying :D

TreezZ

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go TreezZ

3. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Thank you!

4. Magneto

Magneto Member

Olá TreezZ, Bem-vindo aos fóruns. Os meus pais são de Portugal. No entanto, nasci e cresci em Vancouver, Canadá. Prazer em conhecê-lo aqui. Postar muitas fotos! Saúde.

Pardon, my Portuguese isn't that great. Welcome to the forums. My folks are from Portugal, but I grew up in Vancouver. Nice to meet you here and post lots of pictures!
    Cheers.

5. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Hey there Magneto and thank you! I'm glad to see a fellow portuguese here. Great looking D6C on your pfp.

I'll post pics of the two I own in here.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Magneto likes this.
  6. Magneto

Magneto Member

Beautiful looking machines! The WM-EX2 looks pretty sharp. I’m sure they sound great, as most Sonys would after all this time.

Thanks re: WM-D6C. It’s my baby and favorite Walkman. I’ve also recently restored a WM-701c and a Sports WM-FS398. Currently have a couple of older Panasonic personal stereos (non-AR10 mechanism…the good ones from the mid 80s) that I’m currently working on. I’ll post pics when done.

I look forward to reading some of your adventures as well. Take care!!

7. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Thank you. I got both walkmans from the same seller. I initially only wanted the EX500, but I bit the bullet and got the EX2 as well, to have a backup in case one walkman failed. I am now so glad I got the EX2 as well. It's a noticeably better product, and feels like an actual premium quality product. It performs much better than the EX500.

I'll be waiting for the Panasonic pics! I havent ventured too far from Sony's yet. Only recently did I start looking into AIWA's, which was a great excuse to make a post here hehe.

You too, take care!

Magneto likes this.
  8. Gonçalo Dumas

Gonçalo Dumas Member

Bem vindo ao fórum, bem vindo ao vício, lol.
    Welcome to the forum, and to your newfound addiction, lol.

9. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Haha, muito obrigado! Abraco!

10. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, I've always wanted to visit your country but the opportunity has never come up.

11. TreezZ

TreezZ Member

Thank you for the warm welcome! And yes, you should visit it sometime :)

Mister X likes this.