Hello from Caterham

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by DIRead, May 18, 2023.

1. DIRead

DIRead New Member

Hi all new to electronics and need help with my non working Sharp gf500e. Carpenter by trade retired now due to health issues so plenty of time to tinkle. Hello to you all. Cheers Darren 20230516_082733.jpg

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! That's a neat looking box, haven't seen one before. You'll get a lot of eyes on any questions in the boombox tech section.

DIRead likes this.
  3. DIRead

DIRead New Member

Thank you, its a good looking box be great to return it to its former glory. Cheers.

4. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm not far from you! I'm based in Redhill!

Welcome aboard!

DIRead likes this.
  5. DIRead

DIRead New Member

Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

6. isolator42

isolator42 Active Member

...& I'm based in Godstone. We are all within 5 miles of each other! :)

DIRead likes this.
  7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

look on uk ebay dozens of them lol

DIRead and Mister X like this.
  8. Mister X

It's so odd how many models you guys got that we didn't. This looks like a respectable mid-level boomer, something similar over here would have look like cheap plastic junk. I put it down to that we loved big stuff, mostly component stereos, and other parts of the world were happy with smaller boomboxes. For the same price you could get a full-size crappy Fisher "Rack" System which might weigh a few lbs, that's pretty much all I saw.

DIRead and Radio Raheem like this.
  9. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

yep never been into the plastic fantastic boxes myself but i bet they would get the girls lol small boxes are ok but not that great. i have a few panasonic rx c 52 left but i bet they dont work, still have my wall in the kitchen and i now have 2 jvc dc33l and lastly my old m90 but no other 1` piece left lads

Mister X likes this.
  10. Mister X

As long as you like the music Radio! Post some of your selections in the threads down below. I've been pulling out some oldies for my mix CDs and they blow away most of the stuff today. I love new music but over here it's super-basic, computer generated, or mono-tone stupid. There's some great bands but they get out-crapped by the shi**y ones.

I love the design and engineering of the old days, yep the small boxes sound like crap but on the beach with a cooler and some new "friends" it was a young boy's dream. I have a boat load of them but rarely listen to them, give me something with some HiFi for most sonics. On the other hand, these were small wonders and cool as hell back then, and even today.

Nickeccles always post the cool boomers from over there, we never saw them here, just big old turds but they probably sold a ton of them.

11. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

Mini meet?

DIRead likes this.