Aiwa stuff,

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Shaman32, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Shaman32

Shaman32 Member

Greetings,, there is a bit of a mystery item that I stumbled across regards a switch I found while servicing an aiwa ...
    Anyone familiar with, HS-PL30/35/50 E.T.C., will be aware of the change direction switch underneath the circuit board,,it is a mechanically linked switch which senses(so to speak) the position of the mechanicals!
    Anyway I had cause to open one of these
    switches....
    It almost unnoticeable but on dismantling it I found double pole 2 way switch due to the connection,,,,or was it,,,,now bear with me because this could catch some one out(well not now I guess if you're reading this)
    Like I say the sort of a double pole two way switch, but that's the issue inside was arranged so that a slide of the position sensor switch (let's just call it that) is positionable into 3 positions,,
    One of which is centered in the middle,,
    When it's there
    part A slider(copper piece)spans and connects with all its sections of the switch (part A)whilst part B's connector is physically different made-up of 2 sections such that when in the middle position section B completely misses any connection!!!!
    It's weird it made me enter into Alice in Wonderland to sus it out and I want you to know if you get it the wrong way round the auto reverse cycles but never stops,,, Aiwa loves a mystery,, I doubt that anyone except those who find me interesting will have read any of this but if you have let me know and have you already come to notice the issue,
    Kind regards Warren
    One connection makes contact

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Shaman32 likes this.
  3. Shaman32

Shaman32 Member

Hey, HEY, ,, you Sir get to wear the shiny shorts outside over you're regular trousers,,, my hero you found my piece,
    Thank you,,, thank you