Boodo Khan Body System BBS-10

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by tomtom87, Oct 11, 2020.

1. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

Hello,

I have a mint DD-100 with headphones and its one of my favorite walkmans. I managed to buy a BBS-10 amplifier last year with the hope that I will find the other items that should include the body system one day.

Is it true that only 150 sets have been made for the biggest Sony shops in the world to promote the DD100?
    Is there anybody on the forum that owns the BBS-10 system?
    Is there anybody that also has a incomplete system?

Attached Files:

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

3. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

Thank you for the link great information! Yeah lets hope but I think changes are very low that I will complete the set.

Greets

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I have a complete system, it’s awesome. But for a few years I was looking for the cable which is very particular. With the help of the greatly missed John lidle I was able to made one that worked.
    Luckily the seller contacted me years after that to tell me the cable appeared, and he was very kind to send it to me, so I finally could have it completed.

576C8E6D-784F-4871-86F1-3D9978AEDF70.jpeg F71F409C-AA9E-4EAA-B511-C7D253933533.jpeg

5. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Great unit indeed . I wonder how many are still working from the limited number and where are they all ?

6. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

Thats a beautiful piece! Be proud that you own one, I understand that there are only been made around 300. I think many of them where lost if there are still 150 around it should surprise me.

7. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

The Body System I thought was wearable tech that simulated that feeling of a live concert where you actually feel the energy of a soundstage hit you with those massive audio stacks. The sound of kick drums and bass guitar actually creates a pressure wave in big venues like the Boodo Khan and the much revered Philmore which the body kit attempted to recreate while listening to a cassette of a concert like the legendary Santana Lotus set from 1973.

Jorge likes this.
  8. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Could you please explain to a noncomppoop what exactly is this BoodoKhan system? Do you wear h/p and have a sub firing at you, or is it a pillow that kicks your @ss?
    It does look like something I would pay $$ to just listen to :)

Boodokhan likes this.
  9. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Jorge likes this.
  10. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

What it does is to make you feel the bass in your body, more exactly in your back. It has a big woofer that vibrates into the ultra low and deep bass so you can't actually hear it, but feel it. You have to put it in a chair and place your body over it. You have to avoid the sofa or anything with soft materials because they absorv the vibration, it's better to put it over a hard surface (like a wood chair or something).
    Then you connect your Boodo Khan walkman and just start to enjoy. It's a very surprising sensation, and it makes you feel a movie like if you were into.
    Also it makes you feel like being beside one of those big speakers in concerts, that you feel in your chest.
    It's not easy o describe but I bet you get the idea ;)

Jorge and Silverera like this.
  11. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

Hello,

Its been 2 years and I had end my hopes on ever making this bbs-10 complete.. so I sold the amplifier on eBay on the end of last year. Today I found a bbs-10 seat only on a local auction website! now I don't have a amplifier anymore:omg:. Can someone help me with obtaining one?

Greets Tom

12. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

I wish you luck in your search. I gave up but desperately wanted that feeling of a live concert experience. As with many things in our world of true analog audio it helps to become enchanted by some new analog experience. For me it's the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs vinyl releases of classic albums like Dire Straits. These one step pressings generally come on two 12" discs which play at 45rpm. The separation of highs and the presence of a full bass sound is as close as you can get to the original 1" master tape in quality.
    Have not listened to the "half speed" master of Brothers In Arms yet but it's on order. Keen to see how it compares to the more expensive MOFI format vinyl. Often a good distraction is valuable whilst you pause your quest!

Mister X likes this.
  13. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

In the U.K. 12" singles played at 45 RPM were popular and were the only format most professional DJs would use. Since you mention Dire Straits, and live performances have a look at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325094269383?hash=item4bb120e1c7:g:k3QAAOSw~vVe-FGj

14. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

True. Same here in AUS. The 12" single was very popular. I have a few of the late Glen Wheatley's 45RPM Master mixes from the 1980's. The "Send Me An Angel" by Real Life was a great example.
    Last saw Dire Straits play live in 1986 which was a good time to see them as Brothers In Arms formed a substantial part of the tour set list back then. We all know about the acclaimed engineering on that recording.

15. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Direct-to-disc LPs do get you ‘there’: I had Four Seasons LP done this way and it did sound marvelous… and I did hear the part when some idiot from the recording team had his iPhone getting a call
    Half-Speed mastering was a minor craze, but I failed to hear the difference for when I had a dozen renditions of Wish You Were Here

16. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

I thought the half speed thing might be less interesting than MOFI single step LP's but could not find a HD vinyl copy of Brothers In Arms anywhere except the Abbey Road product. I would be a tad miffed on buying the Wish You Here half speed vinyl if I could not hear any real difference. The nuances of Dave Gilmour's solos on that legendary black Fender Strat are what I wait for when listening to that album. Especially early on when he plays through a phase shifter effect pedal over the sustained keyboard chords. Magic.

17. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

Hello,

A update, I managed to make a cable for the Sony BBS-10 body system, I have experienced the body seat now and it's great!
    I have the body seat and the amplifier double, so I am willing to trade these against the headphones and an original cable, if somebody want to trade these please contact me.

IMG_2472.jpeg

Emiel likes this.