I want to bluetooth mod My Hitachi TRK 5190E

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by totalguy, Aug 22, 2023.

1. totalguy

totalguy New Member

having mostly repaired my hitachi TRK 5190E i would like to do a Bluetooth modification to it but i dont know where to start. i know iwill need to power the module off the board somehow maybe tap into some of the wiring i guess. but im not sure where to link in the Bluetooth module to output the audio.

i have the service manual if you check my other posts there are photo's of my unit and schematics

Attached Files:

2. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

HI I'll try to help you as much as I can I downloaded the diagram of the trk and the radio input and marked these red points...they enter on S3-1 and S3-2

trk5190a.jpg

on the motherboard this double switch is marked by the blue arrow
    The two red dots represent the cassette's audio input
    The two green dots and the radio's audio input
    following the diagram, the modification that can be made to have a line input
    and mount a double toggle switch on the rear panel or where more convenient cut the two tracks ... and solder as shown

Trk5190 1a.jpg

Hyperscope likes this.
  3. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

That's some great specific-case help :thumbsup:

4. totalguy

totalguy New Member

5. cmcrawford

cmcrawford New Member

I added BT to everything lol. On most boom boxes there is a line in and thats what I attach the audio signals to on the back side of them. That way when you switch to the "line in" on the radio, its already to go. Or just plug them into the RCA connectors from the outside. I love the new offerings out there, many of which are rechargable. Some do need a 5V or 12V power and that's pretty easy to tap into on the radio or use a zener diode to get the 5V. Rocket fish and Logitech are my favorites.

nickeccles likes this.