Home setup with orange light

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by Kristomark, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Kristomark

Kristomark New Member

Hello!

I've finally gotten my own place, with enough room for a home setup. I don't have any components yet, but I would like to get a cassette deck, a CD deck, and a good receiver.

I really want it to be the same brand and to match, be black, and most of all I want it to have orange light in the display. I've looked and I find it hard to find a good matching setup.
    Examples of cassette decks I've checked out: Yamaha KX R730, Teac R540, JVC TD R421.
    The receiver could be a newer model, with Bluetooth, or I don't really know what is possible, as long as it has an orange display.

So I wonder, does anyone have any suggestions for a nice setup with components meeting my criteria? Or any good advice? I was thinking maybe paying around 200$ for the different components. I'm thinking about getting a record player as well, but I could get a nice wooden Dual record player or something, but if you have any suggestions for a record player that fits my criteria, I'm open to hear about it :)

Thanks in advance :)

2. Papa

Papa Member

You could look at the Sansui AU-x301 or 501. they have matching CD & Cass. with that Orange.

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I have mostly vintage equipment and I think Yamaha is the only one with reddish-orange lights but my stuff is from they 70's and 80's. I've been collecting for close to 20 years and have a little bit of everything.

At your price point you'll have to do some deep diving and look everywhere, most nice mid-range components go for over $100/each over here and the reciever will be double that. Wanting that special color is really going to limit what's available unless you wire in your own LEDs

4. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Technics SE-A70 or SE-A5

5. HWTest

HWTest Member

Yamaha and JVC made orange displays and their stuff is pretty decent.

6. DutchNick

DutchNick Member

Pioneer Elite/Reference gear looks gorgeous (I'm biased) and *usually* has orange displays (all of mine does) *but* I have seen the hero CT93 Cassette Deck on these very pages showing bluey-green.
    Bluey-green is the "native" colour of the fluoro display. The boring truth is, if it's showing orange, there's a plastic orange filter behind the front window; a green display just means no filter.