Would love to get my WM-D6C working again but first need to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by cjacek, Mar 12, 2024.

1. cjacek

cjacek New Member

Hi all, this is a fantastic forum but before I ask any questions I guess the requirement is to introduce oneself.. :wink2 So here goes, briefly: I have been collecting various pieces of vintage audio for about 20 years now, mostly 70's and 80's stuff (some early 90's), everything from Teac / Tascam 4 - 8 tracks (reel to reel to cassette) to Sansui Integrated amps to 3 head cassette decks, JVC, Sony to Turntables. I mostly fix my own stuff but am rather mechanically minded (not electronically), which can be quite limiting. I look forward to exploring this forum and perhaps finding a good tech to help fix my minty but faulty Sony WM-D6C someday. :thumbsup:

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go cjacek

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, I'm also a lover of vintage audio equipment and my collection is getting to the point of paring it down or opening up a small store. A lot of equipment needs basic soldering repairs but some is much more complicated. This is a great thread over on AudioKarma on fixing electronics and some of the basic tools you'll need. There's also a million books on archive.org but it can take awhile finding them, they have some that really start at ground zero and get you going.
    https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...udio-gear-eh-heres-the-tools-you-need.333423/

4. cjacek

cjacek New Member

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

5. Chang Song

Chang Song New Member

I just joined myself today here, and wanted to share my story of fixing my WM-D6 (it has spent 40 years with me). Hope to be able to help!

6. cjacek

cjacek New Member

Welcome.