Fantastic D6 overhaul by Deb64

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Lee Finney, Apr 22, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Lee Finney

Lee Finney New Member

Just received back my 40 year old D6 from Deb64 after being fully dismantled, repaired and now brought back upto spec, personally, I think better than when it was first made in 1984!

Interesting point noted was some questionable soldering on a couple of the transistors on the CP602 module. Some actually came away from the ceramic board when the black potting was removed and amazing that it ever worked from day 1!

With a full electrolytic recap as well the sound it produces is absolutely awesome.

I'm looking forward to getting back my D6C that is currently with her so I can do a sound comparison.

Many thanks Debbie for all your hard work and enthusiasm in repairing these audio gems along with some great tutorial posts too.

Hyperscope, Raul, jacobsteel and 3 others like this.
  2. Deb64

Deb64 Active Member

Hello Lee, and welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of like minded and knowledgeable folk on here.

Your D6 was a nice example to work on and it has come back really well.
    I have come across a couple of CP602 modules with bad solder joints on the components. I can only assume that the fact that they worked at all was largely down to luck.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying listening to the D6.

Raul, jacobsteel, Valentin and 2 others like this.
  3. DK0

DK0 New Member

Deb64 did my D6 a couple of years ago, and her skills are indeed awesome! I hope you enjoy using your D6 as much as I have for the past 42 years.

Raul and Valentin like this.