Marantz PH 52 - size of the connector / cable ?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Hifi Tom, May 2, 2024.

1. Hifi Tom

Hifi Tom New Member

Hello

I just picked up a Marantz PH 52. I had the PH 32 years ago, but exchanged it here at s2g.

The unit looks like new, no marks or scratches at all. The only thing which is missing are the cables/connectors from the Tuner & Tape to the Amp.

There are so many different sizes of these connectors on the market. Do anybody knows what kind of connectors (the size / typ) I need for this Boombox?

Thanks & best wishes
    TOM

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I edited your post to say PH 52, hopefully that's correct. The only member I know that owns one is "cassette2go" (Decentman4u) Reli might also have one, you might want to PM either of them.

Let me know if it's a PM 52, which is a amp over here.

3. Hifi Tom

Hifi Tom New Member

Thanks Mister X

I think a have contact to Reli 10 years ago … I would love to send a picture, but I rember, back than it was also a mess to upload pictures here …

I also want to answer to the treat Marantz 53 (the James Bond unit) to upload the realy rare user manual, but from the cellphone It’s unposible…

Hope somebody can help me about the size of the connectors / plugs from the Amp to the tape & Radio …

Best wishes
    TOM

Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

Here's from an old auction on yahoo.jp, the only difference between the PH-32 and PH-52 is the top tuner. These look like normal RCA Interconnects, are the gray ones different? They almost look like a barrel plug.

[​IMG]

5. Hifi Tom

Hifi Tom New Member

That’s right. The only different is the tuner (32 analog, 52 synthesizer)…

plugs: They have two different sizes…

The local electronic shop don‘t exsist any more - next Shop is 60 km far away, middle in the town (pedestrian zone). To carry this 12 kg heavy thing around is not so funny … I‘m getting older

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. Mister X

cassette2go doesn't get on here as much but I think he might answer on his YouTube channel.

Amazon has the connectors once you find the size, I'm looking at the ones that need assembly. I don't see an assortment kit yet.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
    Cassette2go likes this.
  7. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Hello Tom! It's very good to see you again. You were one of my "idols"..... I loved reading your reviews of hi-fi portables. Some of my collection was due to your recommendations. Grundig Party Center 2000, Uher Mini-Port, Sharp GX-300, Telefunken Studio 1, etc.

I have never owned that Marantz, but if all the female connectors look the same as the Aux and Phono connectors, then you can use regular RCA cables. Search for a "dual RCA interconnect", like this:
    Hosa Stereo Interconnect, Dual RCA to Same, 1m – CRA-201 | eBay

Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  8. Mister X

I think he's looking for the gray ones which look like barrel connectors.

9. StaticAudio

StaticAudio Active Member

Hi Tom,

I assume you are looking for the measurements of these connectors.
    Notice the OUT connector is + polarity outside, the IN connector is - outside!

ph52.jpg

The measurements of these voltage connectors are (all in mm):
    Large connector outside:
    Large_outside.jpg

Large connector inside:
    Large_inside.jpg

Small connector outside:
    Small_outside.jpg

Small connector inside:
    Small_inside.jpg

The total length of the cable is 45cm long.

Cassette2go, Mister X and Reli like this.
  10. Mister X

That's what I'm talking about!

11. StaticAudio

StaticAudio Active Member

Well, I thought, if you're measuring this, let's measure accurately :biggrin:

12. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I'm going to be in here a bit more often present day

Mister X likes this.
  13. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Here is a close-up picture of my marantz pH-32w and I unplugged the one plug, which is a barrel style plug but that's where it goes as it is nearly pointing to the hole that it goes into. I also posted a picture of the front of this model in the boombox media area, wherever that is in this site. 16 years ago I made a video about this in my YouTube channel by my same name. Oh not my same name. My old name or my first YouTube account is or was or still is, Decentman4you. And if you read under the description there, I posted a price that I will sell it for 16 years later. Oh well. Yes that plus shipping this is complete. It's just the volume. Knob is not correct but I found something that fits. 17186481118696458607780258866120.jpg
    I can't believe when I searched for my own video that it said the video was 16 years old. Yes, I've kept a lot of boomboxes in air conditioning comfort. I'm sure it needs belts and no I haven't played it in a long time but it is complete except like I said the volume control knob is different. decentman4you2007@gmail.com email me any questions. Thank you.