nice collection of boxes !

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by autoreverser, Jun 1, 2024.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I noticed that was popping up on the front page for the past few weeks. I've recently started putting my thousands of media in and I'm pretty much a millionaire on music alone. Who knew my cruddy heavy metal/punk/rap cassettes would be worth a small fortune.

I think that article goes back to around 2008?

3. SNIDERs

SNIDERs New Member

I also found out that I had several discs/tapes that are worth a bunch of money, by using Discogs for the first time. Love the boomboxes, space is always the constraint though. Great collection, I continue to see several of those in FB Marketplace in this area.

Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if they're cassette2go's boomers, he lives down there somewhere and has one of the largest collections around.

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

The article talks about Covid and social distancing so that dates it right there. The picture of the Scott Campbell guy in the article is not of the cassette2go guy who is in his numerous videos often enough. (Tsk Tsk...I guess Mr. X never watched any of cassette2go's youtube vids)

It's a good article. Way too short in my opinion. A whole bunch of questions are never asked or answered. Such as: So just to clarify, that first boombox you found out on the curb, it was a Conion C-100F? (And how do you deal with dust? Having 30 boxes stacked on shelves like that... don't they get thick with dust? Do you vacuum brush them every few weeks or what? :biggrin: What about extra insurance? Do you make your own tapes on a deck? What box, in your opinion, seems to sound the best in your collection? etc,. and so on and so forth.)

The other very useful take away: He gets repairs done by Frank at Hi-Tech Electronics on Canal Street in the lower East Side. So any readers in the New York area can go to that site... and there is an e-mail for Frank and a phone number.

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I called this video, from the TV show. Sale of the century Boombox. I think it has about 35,000 views

I still have most of these try and count how many I show in this video.