D350 Spindle Platter - Mod

Discussion in 'Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players' started by reminiz, May 23, 2024.

1. reminiz

reminiz Member

Hi all,

So I couldn't wait to find a junk D350/303 for a new spindle platter, I ended up destroying my existing platter when trying to remove it from the motor, the top plastic piece cracked off (stayed inside the top-hat metal thing).

I wondered if the Spindle platter from the CDM 12.3 motor would work, at first it seemed all was good, however the spindle platter needed trimming to make it sit closer/flush with the motor and closer to the original distance so the laser can read. Turns the platter from a cap to more of a flat disc like the original D350 platter.

I also had to remove the top stabiliser from the lid to make it all fit nicely. And to be honest the modern platters work well to hold the disc firmly so the top stabiliser isn't really needed.

All working smoothly and im very excited to finally listen to this D350! Now i realise i need to replace a few caps to fix the 3.5mm jack output.

WIN WIN!

antm4n, Jorge and Hyperscope like this.
  2. antm4n

antm4n New Member

Excellent work, considering we’re newbies at this

reminiz likes this.
  3. reminiz

reminiz Member

Yup total newb here! I have D303 to do as well so going to try and keep the original spindle head for that one… I will employ some other techniques to not crack the top!