Aiwa CS-600 Questions

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by soundslikespace, Feb 13, 2024.

Tags:
  1. soundslikespace

soundslikespace New Member

I just got a Aiwa CS-600 yesterday that is in great condition on the outside.

The eject button works. But the tape deck does not spin when I press Play, FF or Rewind. I plan to take it apart and try to replace the belts. Someone just gave me this list of belts that will hopefully work:

There are three belts:

Reel = 82-585-336-01 = SBS7.4
    Flywheel = 82--585-287-01 = FBM9.9
    Counter belt??? = 82-397-314-01 = SBO6.6 (The same one that the model CS660 uses maybe?)

But I noticed a problem. It sounds like the motor for the tape mechanism keeps running any time it is powered on, even if it is in Radio Mode or Line-In Mode. Is that normal with this model? It makes a pretty loud humming/buzzing sound, so I find it hard to believe it was designed this way. Does anyone know how to fix it?

It sounds great as a radio, so I want to put in the work to get the cassette functional.

Other than that, it just seems like it needs some contact cleaner sprayed on the controls when I take it apart.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

That's my video where I played it. And yes, the motor constantly runs the moment you plug it in but I made it that way as I didn't want to try to repair it or fix it so that the motor would shut off when you turn it off. The motor simply runs all the time on this particular model with my example. decentman4you2007@gmail.com if you have any questions. 17187342225233786374874726087864.jpg
    Yes I have both models and a few others. Ps did you ever fix yours?

3. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Active Member

i Always liked the 600, really nice radio, sounds nice as well.. the one i had wasn't as clean as yours though James.. And Dammit, you have a 660, one of my all time favourite radios, i had one in 87, loved it..

Cassette2go likes this.
  4. Cassette2go

Send me your address and I'll ship it to you. 17187444946721179623745180598067.jpg
    Here I put my one of my best tapes in it. Played it and took a picture. decentman4you2007@gmail.com send me your address and I'll ship it to you. I did not stutter. I don't think I can say it any simpler.

Silver965 likes this.
  5. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Active Member

It's ok James, You Don't Need to do that, You don't have to give anything for free, i hate taking things for free. makes me feel like a freeloader.. By the way, You know me, i'm the one that keeps bugging you about your Quasar radios lol, Mainly on Facebook..

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. Cassette2go

I am offering this to you this way as like another person has fronted me money in the past to purchase and repair and send to him, the Panasonic RX 5100 which I have done. You may know this by viewing my YouTube channel cassette2go. His name is Douglas greenow or simply Douglas. In the past 3 or 4 years I've sent him at least 10 radios or more that he is prepaid to me and so this way I'm simply going about this the same way except simply shipping the radios and then you pay me whatever you think they're worth. How's that? Fit you?