Sony CRF-330K Shortwave Radio

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Ronald Hofmeister, Jun 8, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Hofmeister

Ronald Hofmeister New Member

I bought a Sony CRF-330K that was a brand new one. But I hadn’t used it since 2018 & went to Try it out this Week & the Radio won’t work now it’s my Dumbness for not using it. I had new plastic Wheels put on the Tuners & new belts on the cassette Tape Deck. Who can repair this unit for me? There is not a scratch on it anywhere. I need the Power Transformer Box switched out anyway because I want to go to Central America. I have the Worldwide Transformer Box Assembly. I’d also like the Dial lights brighter I’m legally Blind & Can’t see the dials at all. Who can help me out on Repairs?

Cassette2go likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

3. Ronald Hofmeister

Sony CRF-330K Radio Cassette who would be willing to Repair my Radio? This is what I get for leaving it set in a Carboard Box since 2018. It is in 100% Cosmetic Condition not a Scratch or Rust spot anywhere & yes i
    Got the mint front cover & both Antennas flip up like they are suspose to. And the Plastic Gears on the Tuner’s were replaced. I’m waiting for the Complete Capacitor kit to come from Australia. I got all the Paperwork for the Radio all Original not Copies. Maybe someone wants to do some Trading? I got (6) Original OEM Power Cords for this Radio also.

4. Mister X

Maybe Private Message me (PM) and I can stop by and look at it? I can do easy repairs but stay away from serious stuff for now. Maybe there's an easy fix? I'm feeling good after doing some multi-hour car repairs, although breaking tiny clips off of sensors that cost hundreds of dollars isn't fun.....

5. Ronald Hofmeister

Mister X,
    How do I get ahold of you? I live in Fergus Falls,

I got my Radio in a Box but not sealed up yet.
    Here is the Troubles with my Radio. The Drum Clock don’t show any numbers the Green Screen does light up. All (3) Tuners had the Plastic Wheels Replaced, the Digital Readout works till you get 3/4” from the end & then just dots. I can hear some static in the Speaker. Haven’t tried the Cassette Tape deck yet. The (4) Push buttons Cracking Sound. I’m sure not all capacitors are bad? VU Meter don’t know if it works? There isn’t a Scratch on it or a Rust Spot. The 2 antennas pop up like they are suspose to. Front Cover & Back Cover are also in mint condition & like I was told it was taken out of Factory Box & just sat on a Shelf since 1978 mine has a very low serial Number. And I have all the Original Manual & Paperwork from the Factory.

Mister X likes this.
  6. Mister X

I'm too far away for a visit but I used to play hockey with some guys from up there. I googled but there's no old-school TV/Electronics repair places that I can see. You might want to go over to www.AudioKarma.org There are some members in this area that do repairs.

7. Ronald Hofmeister

Where can I purchase the Sony CRF-330K Japanese Version of the Service Manuals & Users Manual? I see they are on Yahoo.Com. They also have Several Different Sales Brochures, Catalogs & Sales Flyers. I went to my Bank to see about how to Purchase them I have a Mastercard & my Bank said I couldn’t Purchase them through at least Mastercard because the Company has a block on anything from Asia which includes China, Hong Kong, South Korea & Japan. So do you have any ideas on how to Purchase them?