My Sony walkman collection Vol.2

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by kent, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Kapil Verma

Kapil Verma New Member

I usually look for them at Olx or flea market. Thanks

2. Orlac

Orlac New Member

Amazing.

3. Anthème

Anthème New Member

Beautiful, I love your taste ! If I may ask, why having the same model several time ? I do this too but I'd like to hear from someone else's perspective :)

Jorge and Cassette2go like this.
  4. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Well I started with home stereo many many years even before I got interested in portable stereo. As you can see by the iconic rc550 and then I started buying walkman's because they were you know small. Present day that I have so many boomboxes and they take up so much room. I'm trying to repair them and sell them and then I have the walkmans for later in life. I'll be 65 and later this year and so maybe after that time I'll delve into the walkmans and repair them and play them and use them and sell them and so and so forth. But first I got to sell off the boomboxes cuz they just take up too much room and I have like 300 of them or so 17227965837125455375951272127928.jpg
    This is just two two cases of nine cases of walkmans that I have.

Jorge likes this.
  5. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

At this stage as far as I am concerned it’s still a hobby
    I would get worried when it becomes an obsession
    Good on you for saving them

Cheers Kiwinut

Cassette2go likes this.
  6. Cassette2go

My obsession is simply finding the best sounding cassette player that will operate on one set of batteries for the entire day at a moderate volume and give me good sound. The answer to that question is the rc550 mono o cassette player and now present day Znter lithium ion D and C batteries which are rechargeable and output 1.5 volts constantly at a 2 ampere throughput which are superior to any alkaline because they output at 1.5 volts until they simply die across the entire lifespan it's 1.5 volts. There's no voltage drop until they simply go dead and then you just recharge them. So now a lot of the players that suck down battery power in a hurry these last upwards of eight times as long as a standard alkaline battery. So my options for listening to cassette radios has changed.

7. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

I have always used Eneloop batteries(recommended for Walkman pro)and they are rated at 1.2 volts and for the non pro can be recharged 2100 times. Never heard of Znter
    Pro are rated at about 500 recharge’s.
    Will have a google for Znter.

Cheers Kiwinut

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. Anthème

Anthème New Member

Ahah, I'm also worried for this about myself, even tho I've just started to get really involved into walkmans and stuff, I really feel like this is starting to feel like I want to catch them all (all the models that I find interesting or like).
    I don't know if it's necessary a bad thing though...

Cassette2go likes this.
  9. Cassette2go

Depends upon how you look at it here. I've got a complete Walkman in my hand and then I have a boombox on the bed and all apart as I'm repairing these and the one I'm holding I've repaired as well but that's for my use. I don't know about this Sanyo depends on how it sounds, but I'll probably sell it 17246263791881235372884716621896.jpg
    The Walkman I'm holding is a Sony wm-gx670

10. Anthème

Anthème New Member

Ahah I love your dedication

Cassette2go likes this.
  11. Cassette2go

It's not dedication. It's simply I have nothing better to do and I have nearly 400 boomboxes and well over a hundred walkmans and I'm not working. I have no income so if I repair these and make them play cassettes again then hopefully somebody will be interested in buying them now that they work again. I'll be 65 in October and after that I don't know