hello I'm back

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by kent, Aug 18, 2024.

1. kent

kent Active Member

I haven't been to this forum for a long time. Because of the covid 19, I stayed in Canada for 3 years, away from my collection in China. After the epidemic, I returned to China, sorted out my collection and began to plan the construction of my private collection museum. After more than a year of preparation and decoration, the collection museum was basically completed this year. It mainly collects various analog music products, such as blank cassettes, Walkmans, various music records, etc. I will slowly introduce them here. I hope you will like them. I also hope to communicate with like-minded people from all over the world.

2. kent

kent Active Member

kc28.png kc3.png kc5.png kc14.png kc9.png kc16.png kc18.png kc19.png kc21.png kc22.png kc24.png kc25.png kc27.png kc29.png kc31.png kc27.png kc19.png kc2.png kc28.png kc3.png kc5.png kc14.png kc9.png kc16.png kc18.png kc19.png kc21.png kc22.png kc24.png kc25.png kc27.png kc29.png kc31.png kc27.png kc19.png kc2.png kc5.png kc28.png kc3.png kc14.png kc9.png kc9.png

Attached Files:

Michiel, Lycos, Silver965 and 7 others like this.
  3. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

Wow and welcome back!
    Cheers Kiwinut

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  4. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Amazing display and variety!

Mister X likes this.
  5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Impressive :thumbsup2:

Mister X likes this.
  6. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

He's got a few

Mister X likes this.
  7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

You win!

Kent I love your passion and your displays are beautiful. You know what would be neat, a replica 1970's camera shop, remember those little stores that had wall to wall cameras, Walkmans and boomboxes? I miss the old days of just staring at gadgets that were priced out of any kids range. I really have to step up with my stuff and get it looking nicely displayed, thanks for the photos!

Hyperscope and Kiwinut like this.
  8. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

Just had another look at that impressive display, well done you for looking after all that history, and thank you for sharing.
    It does bring back a lot of lost memories.
    You have made my day remembering to good old days.

Cheers Kiwinut

9. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Hi Kent,

I have to say that I'm truly impressed. With a project of this size I'd thought that you maybe share with us something from the beggining such as the initial thoughts, design, building. But, wow, it's already finished.

I can say the design is modern, neat, clean, stylish. Your collection is something beyond impressive. I have so many mint, boxed walkmans but you have almost all versions and colors of each one. It's clear that your collection is world top #1.

I wish I had the money and time to do something like that here at Barcelona, but seems that it's not possible by now... sigh!

So, where is it? Is it open to visit? Please tell us more...

Best regards,

Cassette2go likes this.
  10. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

welcome back Kent
    Your collection is the best in the world. This place you created should be kept as a museum. I would love to travel to China just to visit this place.

11. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

What can I say? Exceptional........where is it??

12. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Well-Known Member

#1 World Class!

Inspirational! High excellence and done right :thumbsup:

13. soluna

soluna Active Member

14. kent

kent Active Member

I have appreciated your post. You have a great collection about TDK. In a while, I will slowly organize my blank tape collections and post them in this forum. The first one will be the collection about TDK. I hope to communicate with you more. Thank you for your attention.

15. kent

kent Active Member

I am in Canada now and will go to China next month. Because of the museum(actually it cannot be called a museum, it can only be called a private collection hall), I will spend more time in China in the future. I warmly welcome you to visit if you have the opportunity.

16. kent

kent Active Member

It is located in Wuxi, China. Wuxi is a city one hour's drive from Shanghai.

17. soluna

soluna Active Member

Thank you very much, i next time will insert a new link to the collection-overview as pdf . The old is expired for now. Have a good time

18. kent

kent Active Member

The Private Collection is located in a park in Wuxi, China. The exhibition hall covers a total area of nearly 7000 square feet. It was designed and constructed by a professional design team over a period of 20 months. It currently houses some of my collections, including more than 1,300 sets of Walkmans and other analog audio equipment, thousands of varieties of blank tapes, tens of thousands of records and tapes, various music media, and various graphic materials related to them. The Private Collection is currently not open to the public, and only entertains friends and enthusiasts like me.I am still slowly enriching the collection and hope to make the exhibition hall more complete in the near future. Now many Chinese collectors come here to visit, and I also hope to have the opportunity to receive enthusiasts from all over the world.
    Best regards

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
  19. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome back. Your collection would be worthy of a a corporation like Sony. In the U.K. people with that sort of money to spend usually buy a football team or an "old master" painting.

I think my house is only 800 square feet so unless I win the lottery and move there is no chance of me ever doing anything like that.

I am doing a lecture to the local Amateur Radio Club on next week on "Collecting Vintage Electronics" Is it O.K to include one of your pictures as an example of a Museum Quality display ?

20. kent

kent Active Member

No problem. Also, I made a typo above. It should be 7,000 square feet. I have corrected it.