WM-D6C graphic equaliser or Amplifier?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Kiwinut, Aug 31, 2024.

1. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

Who is using one of these? And if so what make or model are you using?
    Benefits? Are there any negatives or chance of damage using one of these?

Cheers Kiwinut

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

No graphic equalisers for me, they just distort / ruin the sound. An amp on the other hand is essential. I use a portable amp with all my units coming out of the line-out straight into amp line-in, it cleans up the sound, gives better clarity and better drives the headphones. As a bonus the headphone amp I use has a good rejection of mobile phone interference.

DC2andP51.jpg

3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I have one by Sony the seq-50 that I bought when I was in the Navy in 1983, but it takes two AA batteries and I've worn out the original cord so I installed a much heavier duty cord. As far as using it with a portable headphone, it has pluses and minuses. That is it does equalize the sound. And it also adds its own noise to the sound. So I prefer to not use it present day. But I can't sell mine because when you're in the Navy you're supposed to personalize your items so you can prove It's yours, so mine has my name etched in the front. 17251236189983979617265619340328.jpg
    I don't know why the phone rotates the picture

4. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

What’s the make and model please.

Cheers Kiwinut

5. TooCooL4

It a Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang, very old you can find and get much better these days.

6. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

Honestly what would you recommend?

Cheers Kiwinut

7. TooCooL4

Not sure I know what to recommend, I have not looked at them much in a while as I am happy with what I have.
    What I would recommend you do is to look at Headfi.com read up and listen to as many units as you can, let your ears be the judge. We all have different tastes as to what we like, just because I like something does not mean you will like it too.
    I always say to people, take everything anyone says with a pinch of salt. Always do your own research as only you know what you like, at the end of the day you are the one parting with your money so make sure it's something you like.

Happy hunting.

Cassette2go likes this.