Show us your home setup

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by TooCooL4, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. overmodulated

overmodulated Active Member

Hi and thanks, and it’s funny because I bought that receiver and it was not working properly when I bought it. I sent it to a well-known repair place here in the east, and I just let him go do his thing. a year later I picked it up, and I know he could’ve finished it sooner but I also knew that they are a real pain to work on. Whoever recapped it mixed up a bunch of front panel wiring.

it also just happens when I went to pick it up they were playing through that same pair of Klipsch speakers, and it sounded so good that I bought them.

I’ll bet those 880s would sound really good.

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Mine doesn't get much of a workout, I'm working on a new audio room and it's on the other wall in the office, when it is plugged in I have Klipsch Heresy's hooked up and they sound great. That one has it's own story adventure when I was looking for a Flash Gordon Pinball in the middle of nowhere Wisconson. I ended up with a truckload of audio instead.

overmodulated likes this.
  3. overmodulated

Now how could that happen lol?!

I just unloaded much of the last 10 years of my audio life. it’s amazing how much stuff that fell into my lap.

Did you end up with the flash Gordon pinball machine?

Mister X likes this.
  4. overmodulated

Have you ever heard the Klipsch Forte’s?

How do you like your Klipsch speakers?

Not that I’ve had a ton of speakers over the years But I never really cared for the sound of the modern Klipsch speakers, Although I have heard some of the higher end ones maybe from the first decade of 2000 and they sounded very good. When I went to pick up my receiver from repair he demoed it with pair of Fortes that I now own. It sounded very very good and I can imagine how many people had a Marantz receiver coupled with different models of Klipsch Speakers over the years. I’m sure tons of thousands of people have used that combination, anyway I just fell in love with them. Lots of bass from the passive radiator in the back, and I don’t see myself ever getting rid of them. When I downsized recently I could have kept a pair of Wilson Audio Witt 2 speakers, or a couple different models of PSB speakers, a pair of Revel F52’s, all of which were very good, but I was just happy with the Forte’s.

Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I love my Heresy's centered between my monitor and running off an AIWA 22 Stack, perfect for computer music and videos. I've got about three skids of speakers in storage, along with tape decks, they used to be the bastard child of vintage audio and went for nothing. Some of them are Huge Leslie's from an ice-rink organ set-up, a full set of Frazier Dixielander's and horns from another ice rink, Klipsch, Marantz, Polk 10's and several of the smaller matching Polks, ADC Braun, B&W and many more. I just got some Altec Valencia's from a friend that didn't have room for them, can't wait to try them out.

The Frazier's are cool, they only need a few watts to really get loud, they don't look great with just black paint and some Frazier Stickers but they are interested with their. I consider the Polks and Klipsch's to be great workhorse speakers, they don't get the good duty but they sound great in the work enviroment.

I never did get a Flash Gordon, no room right now but who knows?

overmodulated likes this.