The KossProtapro headphone mod

Discussion in 'Headphones Area' started by capStan, Nov 11, 2025.

  1. capStan

    capStan Member

    Messages:
    85
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Mosfellsbær,Iceland
    Hi all. it's been a while since i posted anything here.

    I was going to post the headphone mod i made on my PortaPro.

    in 2014 i bought a headphone from Lithuania on ebay for 10 usd

    a Vintage Soviet Headphones ToH-2 (Tone-2)

    It made me think i could use the headband and put the drivers in, and it does fit

    it looks like Sennheiser 414! as you can see i put on the Koss logo plates on as well

    sounds great and it sits firmer on my head than the original PortaPro headphone band
     

    Attached Files:

    p.will.coe. and thid like this.
  2. worldwide137

    worldwide137 Member

    Messages:
    71
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Virginia, USA
    I also have the PortaPro and love the sound signature. Mostly used with my Walkman's. I bet it's magnitudes more comfortable than the original metal band. Great mod. I think you ought to send that picture in to Koss, ask what year this 'Koss' was released, you'd love to get one. Cheers. Norm
     

Share This Page