ITT Boomboxes

Discussion in 'Brochures, advertising, data & specs...' started by Mister X, Jan 11, 2022.

  1. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    From 1977, had to post it with the Dinky Space 1999 Model


    upload_2025-6-13_20-50-48.png
     
    autoreverser likes this.
  2. autoreverser

    autoreverser Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,965
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Europe
    …f**k the box, i want those DinkyToys :worship:
     
    Mister X likes this.
  3. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    I know, I was in lust with any space toy from Dinky or Corgi. My neighbor had the James Bond Moon Lander (Diamonds are Forever) and the larger James Bond Car. Our local hobby store had a big Corgi Display, we love them but they weren't cheap.

    I vaguely remember the Enterprise with the shooting disks and tiny lander, it was kind of big for a Dinky.
     
  4. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    1976


    upload_2026-1-27_8-25-59.png
     
    mr.Vox likes this.
  5. Longman

    Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

    Messages:
    4,082
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Bournemouth UK
    Two ITT adverts from the same 1973 TV listing. The average wage was £42 a week for men back then and just £23 for women.
    ITT Stereo.JPG ITT Cassettes.JPG

    If you are wondering why I bought a 1973 TV listing I was the only bidder and it did include an advert which coincided with my parents getting a colour TV for the same reason as the advert. Princess Anne's first wedding if anyone is wondering.
    Colour TV.JPG
     
    Mister X likes this.
  6. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Wow, that little TT system is pretty cool looking, for an entry level system it has some interesting design cues.
     

Share This Page