Fair mate, it's your time to shine

Discussion in 'Brochures, advertising, data & specs...' started by Mister X, May 4, 2024.

  1. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Found over on tas66dc's X Feed a partial catalog page for Fair mate, I have several ads posted in the newspaper ad thread but there were none down here yet for this brand. Here's what tas66dc said about this brand

    "The company's first CD radio cassette player, the DR-01CD Equipped with a 12cm full-range ceramic tweeter. Total output 6W Is the CD search function being specifically promoted as a response to CROWN, which did not support search? Additionally, the company has a track record of supplying OEM products under the NEC brand overseas."

    These companies were so intertwined, Fair mate is an Asahi Company. This is from Kingrat in the forum reader.....

    Casio also worked with Fairmate and Asahi, buying them in the late 80's.

    [​IMG]


    1987.5


    upload_2026-8-25_14-48-5.png
    fairmate 1987.5 0.jpg
    View attachment 46011
    fairmate 1987.5 1.jpg
    fairmate 1987.5 2.jpg
    fairmate 1987.5 3.jpg
     
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2026
    Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Fair mate 1984, thanks tas66dc


    upload_2024-5-4_13-46-54.png
     
  3. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Some had FM broadcasting, maybe meant for headphones or stereos without tapedecks? Interesting M&M Co-branding!


    upload_2024-5-4_13-48-3.png
     
  4. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Is the RD-6600 an AKA? I love the colors on all of these boxes!


    upload_2024-5-4_13-50-39.png
     
  5. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Another random photo on google that has a dead end link, what is the deal with these? If I had to guess, I'd say 1977? I love the larger box, that style VU meter is one of the better looking ones, much better than the smaller generic version most companies used.


    upload_2024-5-4_13-55-38.png
     
  6. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Random internet find from 1984


    upload_2025-10-21_15-28-56.png
     
  7. Michiel

    Michiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

    Messages:
    285
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Europe
    I have one Fair Mate in my collection. It's a Rhythm machine like the Sony Rhythm Capsule. I haven't played with it in a while, but I think it has a stereo head. So you can record one channel first and then record the second channel alongside it later.

    That RD-6600 compo does look cool. But I wonder if it's any good quality. I'd love to find one :)


    Fair Mate.JPG Fair Mate top.JPG
     
    AE_Stereo and Mister X like this.
  8. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    That is a neat mono, too bad they didn't have more over here.
     
  9. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
  10. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    A neat little three piecer from FAIRMATE


    Fairmate 2.jpg
     
  11. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    random page from the fairmate catalog. I love how the tiny boomboxes like the RS-10 were copied by just about everyone and they also seem to be pretty rare, especially this one.


    Fairmate 3.jpg
     
  12. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Some of these are just random postings and I look for the other pages to finish so some posts may be upgraded or better quality photos are found.
     
  13. AE_Stereo

    AE_Stereo Active Member S2G Supporter

    Messages:
    133
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    UAE
    Its a Tensai RCR-332.
    Also, Lehnert Studio-5000
     

Share This Page