Hi — new here. I, Forrest Cowcat, produce and DJ. On the side I open Panasonic portable players and change the analog path to match what Sony actually did on the comparable models — not a generic “more bass” EQ. What I change most often is the amp-to-jack coupling cap, always to **220μF / 6.3V**: - RQ-SX53 / SX73: stock **68μF** - RQ-SX97F: stock **100μF** - SL-CT710 / CT810: stock **150μF** On the tape units I also short the extra cap between the volume pot and the amp input (Sony tape decks run that node straight through). After that, the bottom octave stays put when the volume goes up, and the bass-enhance switch stops sounding like boosted empty water. I have already done this on an SX97F. An SX73 is next. Belts: SX73 has two, both 0.5 mm stock. The short motor belt (capstan belt 1) will take **0.6 mm** and nothing more — I have tried; it will not physically pass between the motor and the coil PCB. The long flywheel belt will take 0.7 mm. I am here to read and compare notes. If anyone has done the same coupling swap on other Panasonic portables, I would like to hear what you used. Glad to be on here.
Welcome to the forum! The owner of the forum, Walkman Archive also does DJ but he calls it CJ (cassette). Interesting project, it would be nice to hear side x side differences.