JJ P6 Sanyo walkman

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by renault, Sep 10, 2026.

  1. renault

    renault New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    france
    Hi all. Having just bought one of these (not working) , I need to open it up to check the belt. I am hoping someone out there can help me decide how to go about the disassembly ? There are few screws on the exterior, but many many more inside and I don't want to go about it the wrong way.
    Anyone there able to offer advice please?
     
  2. Machaneus

    Machaneus Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    542
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Location:
    Athens
    If your goal is to check or change the belt following the first two steps you should be ok , I'm not familiar with that model.

    Screenshot_2026-09-10-23-35-58-873_com.google.android.apps.nbu.files.jpg
     
  3. renault

    renault New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    france
    thank you very much. I will do that - and report back
    :)
     
  4. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
  5. renault

    renault New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    france
    thanks for this great information - and for the tip about placing the screws in order on tape !
    I removed the base and the pcb to reveal the remains of the old belt. Sticky but in place like it was frozen in time.
    I have just ordered a replacement?
    .
     
  6. renault

    renault New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    france
    so the pulleys are now all clean and I await the new belt.
    One problem is that I have lost two of the three tiny parts described in the parts manual as 'knob slide' (part numbers CA11 & CA20)
    I don't suppose there is any hope of obtaining one or two?
     

Share This Page