Sony TCS-2000 belts

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by jvlobo, Feb 28, 2025.

  1. jvlobo

    jvlobo New Member

    Messages:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    The World
    Hello there!

    I recently acquired a Sony TCS2000 in great cosmetic condition, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

    Screenshot 2025-02-28 at 13.24.02.png

    I took it apart and found that it has four rubber belts—all of them completely gone . It looks like one or two (the easiest ones to access) were replaced at some point, so I’m not even sure what the originals were like.

    Does anyone know which belts this model uses or where to find replacements? I haven’t been able to find much information on this model.

    According to the service manual, the belt part numbers are:

    Ref number: 83
    Part number: 3-351-249-01

    Ref number: 87
    Part number: 3-351-240-01

    Ref number: 89
    Part number: 3-351-239-01

    Ref number: 107
    Part number: 3-351-230-01


    Screenshot 2025-02-28 at 13.18.31.png
     
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2025
  2. Michiel

    Michiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

    Messages:
    285
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Europe
    Curious how this turned out. Any success?

    Today, I also replaced the belts on one of these units. Unfortunately, I didn't measure their lengths, something I rarely do. I can tell though, that a standard belt kit won't cut it. The belts are extremely thin, the kind you see in those super-flat 90s Walkmans. The ones I needed all came from a "ultra-thin" DocP belt kit. If anyone wants to get started with this, I’d recommend getting one of those kits.

    As a bonus for the ones interested, a photo of the direct-drive capstan motor, since I couldn't find one anywhere online.


    Sony TCS-2000 capstan motor.JPG
     

Share This Page