Panasonic RQ-S40V switches

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Jehr, Sep 12, 2026.

  1. Jehr

    Jehr Member

    Messages:
    76
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Canada
    Hi, long shot here, but looking for the plastic ‘HOLD’ and ‘LIVE’ switches off a Panasonic RQ-S40V. Likely the same on a S40 and possibly S90 models.


    This can be a donor unit that has been run over by a truck as long as the switches are there :).


    If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

    IMG_0393.jpeg
     
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Someday I'll remember my 90's CAD training and whip some of these out on the 3D printer. Some members have also resin casted parts, our local hobby shop has the two-part chemicals and you can find them on-line as well. There's a ton of youtube videos showing the process.

    https://www.easycomposites.us/silicone-mold-resin-casting-starter-kit


     
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2026 at 6:23 AM
  3. Jehr

    Jehr Member

    Messages:
    76
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Canada
    Thank you MisterX. I’ll probably fabricate something once I an happy with the overall repair on this one. Right now, I can’t get this to power on, I am getting power on the rails but it seems to be only 0.7v instead of 1.5v in some areas but the 3v is OK. No response to turn on the radio or tape. I’ll keep digging.
     

Share This Page