Sharing My Experience With Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Cassette Decks' started by worldwide137, Sep 22, 2026 at 8:40 AM.

  1. worldwide137

    worldwide137 Member

    Messages:
    71
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Virginia, USA
    Hello Folks. I want to share my experience when buying off eBay. It can be hit or miss, but we already know this. I recently bought a replacement capstan belt for my Nakamichi CR-2A. I bought from a seller in Spain, he sells the 'orange belts'. They are total junk, I bought two, both are bad.

    After servicing the CR-2A, the wow and flutter was so bad that I didn't even bother putting the NAK-T100 to it, you could really hear it. The belt wobbled all over the capstan motor pulley. It is of very poor quality. I ended up treating the old belt with MG Chemicals 408C Rubber Renue and put it back on. The wow and flutter reading afterwards were at 0.06% WRMS, not great but certainly better than the orange belt. I ended up ordering a FRSP6.5 PRB/EVG replacement belt. Hopefully, it will be better. Cheers. Norm
     
    DutchNick and Mister X like this.
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    I'm definately not an expert but adding color to the belts might not be a good idea. I think of red rubber bands that have check marks in them when you pull.

    These guys have been helping the hobby for years but I don't see your belt so reach out to them.
    https://fixyouraudio.com/product-ca...del/belts-cassette-deck/belts-deck-nakamichi/

    These are made in USA PBR Belts, Russell Industries supplies most of the USA Sellers and has been around since the beginning.
    https://www.turntableneedles.com/find10.asp?manfg=NAKAMICHI&modelname=CR-2A&Select=Model
     
  3. worldwide137

    worldwide137 Member

    Messages:
    71
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Virginia, USA
    Thanks, MrX. Yes, I ordered a replacement from Russell Industries.
     
  4. worldwide137

    worldwide137 Member

    Messages:
    71
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Virginia, USA
    I was rather taken aback by the performance of the CR-2a compared to my beloved Yamaha KX-630. I did not expect the Nak to outperform the Yamaha. The Nak sounded less clinical, more musical with better apparent separation. Really puts a smile on my face. Cheers!
     

Share This Page