Well it's been a while since I've gotten another Walkman but here's one. It's a WM FX-52. I had a FX-56 back in the 90's in high school but it's impossible to find one nowadays in good condition. I have my original one from the 90's but the sound is all messed up due the bad caps. The FX-52 in the lower model so found this one in excellent to mint condition from the US and it's boxed with the pouch, manuals and original headphones although the foam has deteriorated. The sound is good but nothing compared to a DD player. Has radio, Megasbass, tape selector and AVLS. No Dolby selection which is strange. These models aren't really valuable or collectable these days but brings back a lot of memories for me. FX-56 Next to a DD33
Hi ggg12wmdd9! I agree that the blue one is rare. I fell in love with the colour and can't get enough of it, so when I see one for sale....I jump!
Another DD to the line up. This time a DD-30. Added Marian's central gear kit and now working perfectly. Some paint chips here and there but overall very happy with this purchase. Surprised by the sound quality compared to the DD-33. A little better in my opinion.
Another i'll be getting soon in the mail Don't know much about the Toshiba cassette players but these are too cool. Comes with the radio tuner too. Looks in ok condition but hopefully it'll clean up well.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I came across you're amazing paint job! I have a Sony Walkman DD Champagne colour with some damage on one side of the case. Someone went nuts with the wrong screw driver I guess and messed up the case. Overall the rest of the case is great condition. I'm wondering if you have any advice on repairing and possibly repainting? I'll attach pictures for you too see.
Sorry for the long delay on replying. I don't get on here much anymore. That looks like a tough one to repair. You could use some putty to fill it in and try to repaint with the same colour but like i said it could be tough.
Hey there, What an amazing collection you have there! I'm a newbie to this site and here's my first posting (below) where I'm searching for info on an unusual WM-F30 that I have. I was wondering if by chance this one in your photos may be the same model?
Well it's been a looooooooooooong time since I bought a Walkman. Bought this recently. Mint condition WM R202. Sounds and works great.
Nice to see you still stopping in once in awhile buzbox! That's a really nice looking Walkman, I'll have to keep a look out for one, I've neglected the later models, not on purpose, I just don't know a lot about them.
Been a long time since I bought some Walkmans. Got these recently. Blue WM30 missing the window. Might have a spare window in the parts box. Unfortunately, the auto stop comes on after a few seconds. Something is wrong with it. Might be missing a spring for the capstan? The left channel not working too. WM-40 seems to be working just needs a new belt. The pink WM-10 works fine with a new belt.
I've been seeing more Walkman Clear Door "glass" showing up from China, maybe search their sites. I love the brushed blue and pink colors, going through a ton of old JDM Catalogs it's pretty clear they were heavily marketing them towards females. Every once in a while we got red but normally black or silver.
I did not know the WM10 also came in pink. I thought it was only the WM20 that had the pink version. I got this one locally here in Australia. Quite sun faded though. It has tan lines. Lol. Was in the belt clip most of its life.
I found this one on ebay. Two problems. The text and the line indicated by the arrow below should be chrome. These aren't. The print on the tape amount lines are also quite bad. Can see the white print. I've worked as a print/signage technician for 18 years. Have access to the printers and cutters. I remade my own years ago. I used a thin chrome tape for the chrome parts and then multi layered printing for the rest.