Hello Vintage Stereo Lovers

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Richard E, Nov 9, 2022.

  1. Richard E

    Richard E New Member

    Messages:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Hillsboro, OR
    Hi.
    My name is Richard, and I live in the Portland, OR area.
    I was a DJ for over 30 years, and I love music.

    I stumbled onto this site when I did a Google search for a Koss A-2b Music box.
    I had a Koss A-2b (8551) when I was in college, and let it go a long time ago.
    I recently found a Koss A-2/8268 (Actually listening to it now) to relive some great memories.
    It works, but I still am in search of the A-2b model.
    I also have some Sony's that I also picked up recently, in search of the magic walkman (See attached pic).
    It seems I have a problem... :)
    Anyway, thanks for building a great website for this cool community.

    Thanks!
    Richard IMG_20221108_194951.jpg
     
    Jorge likes this.
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,179
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Great collection and good luck with your search! This is a great time to search, I call it boombox season, auctions go for much less and some oddball equipment always comes up for sale and goes for cheap. The season usually goes until mid-January so keep looking.
     
  3. Paulpoco

    Paulpoco New Member

    Messages:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Did you ever find your Koss A-2B/8551?

    I keep seeing the Koss A-2 on Ebay, but I did get the Koss A-2B/8551 on ebay a couple of weeks ago, I will need a recap job as the left volume is not working properly, but got it to work by setting left to 9 and right to 3 to get equal volume. I had the 1983 Koss A-2B/8551 in 1983 as a teenager, it is smaller than my AIWA HS-G35mkII. 20260923_132248.jpg 20260923_121921.jpg 20260923_122002.jpg 20260923_203000.jpg
     

Share This Page