Mister X
Last Activity:
Aug 25, 2024 at 4:14 PM
Birthday:
Jan 1, 1970 (Age: 54)

Mister X

Moderator, 54, from Minnesota

Staff Member

There is an Ebay Seller from Russia that is making his own, that might be the best way to go. Feb 18, 2022

Mister X was last seen:
Aug 25, 2024 at 4:14 PM
    1. Ronald Hofmeister
      Ronald Hofmeister
      I just Purchased a Sony AN-LP1 antenna barely ever used. I thought wow never thought I’d find one with all the Manuals. Only missing the shipping box which I don’t care.
    2. Ronald Hofmeister
      Ronald Hofmeister
      Mister X,
      Could you have you friend in Japan purchase some Brochures & Manuals for me? I’d give him an Extra $75.00 for his Troubles. They are all on Yahoojapan.com. My bank will not budge on letting me purchase anything from any Asian Countries. They are all for Sony CRF-330K Radio.
      1. Mister X
        Mister X
        He's packing up and leaving soon, it takes a few days to win an auction and to have the stuff shipped to his home which would be after he leaves.
        Aug 24, 2024 at 2:57 PM
    3. valbg69
      valbg69
      Hello Mister X,
      I am now a happy owner of the Fisher PH-M77.
      I saw your comment in a thread about this machine but not sure if you own one? If you have opened/repaired such a Fischer model, I would be grateful if you could help me with some information.
      Best wishes, V. Kutev
      1. Mister X
        Mister X
        Nice! I open very few pieces of equipment, especially in the summer, just too busy with work and car repair.

Search both Fisher and Sanyo, they are the same unit but the reality is, they were pretty rare and expensive when new.
        Aug 24, 2024 at 2:54 PM
    4. gimik831
      gimik831
      Hi Mister X, I have the Magnavox 8011 same as the one you posted and I cant find any other information on it other than finding your post here. Can you tell me more or lead me to somewhere I can get any details on it? Thank you.
      1. Mister X
        Mister X
        I'd love to but haven't seen anything ever. It might be a retagged Philips but there's no brochures that I've seen.
        Aug 24, 2024 at 2:55 PM
    5. Orlac
      Orlac
      Hi Mister X, I just saw your fantastic thread about Boombox Archaeology. At the top of that thread you refer to another thread where you discuss Walkman patents. For some reason I haven't been able to find that thread, and was wondering if you'd be able to point me to it? Thanks
      1. Mister X
        Mister X
        Sorry for the late reply, look up Walkman Archaeology, it's the same kind of stuff.
        Aug 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM
    6. DutchNick
      DutchNick
      Hi Mister X. I haven't received a weekly email with most popular posts, for a couple of weeks (maybe longer). Has this been discontinued or is there a setting on my account that I need to change...? Thanks for any help. Kind regards, Nick.
    7. radiorich
      radiorich
      do you have their link of the product ?
    8. Pat N.
      Pat N.
      I have one of the Sony Walkman SRF-H5 and have lost the screw that attaches one of the headphone to the neck strap. Do you know what size screw that I
      need to reattach my headphone ? One of the posts on a different forum said Sony DD walkman (?) use M1.4x2.5 or M1.4x3.2 possibly. Can you help or guide
      me to where I can find the correct screw? Thanks.
      1. Mister X
        Mister X
        Sorry, I have no idea, maybe find an assortment box on Ebay?
        Aug 30, 2022
        radiorich likes this.
      2. radiorich
        radiorich
        I have a set of tiny screws that I bought back in the 80s or 90s that I use since during my work as a warranty shop I worked on tonys of small sony items and screws were either missing or lost or wrong driver was used .
        Apr 16, 2023
        Mister X likes this.
    9. Mister X
      Mister X
      There is an Ebay Seller from Russia that is making his own, that might be the best way to go.
      1. radiorich likes this.
    10. Mister X
      Mister X
      Those are super-rare and not well known, check out auctions on yahoo.jp and you might get lucky but it will take a long time.
      1. radiorich likes this.
    11. Raj bedi
      Raj bedi
      Cheers Mister x… tried the radio today and the sound was absolutely super.. trying to locate pre-recorded micro cassettes to try out the player
      1. radiorich likes this.
    12. loadhog
      loadhog
      Hey, I love your pix with Raideen, Ultraman, etc. I grew up watching those shows too.
      1. Mark P likes this.
      2. Mister X
        Mister X
        Thanks loadhog! There's so much cool stuff in Tokyo and if it's popular in print or TV, there's a store or restaurant with the same theme. The Mandarake Stores have a ton of used toys and books to look over. https://earth.mandarake.co.jp/shop/
        Feb 14, 2020
        radiorich and loadhog like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 1, 1970 (Age: 54)