I will have to give you the benefit of doubt on this one Nick as both myself and Retromash are missing the Autumn 1981 catalogue In Spring 1981...
Typically a Mic input will require a much lower input level than a Line input. Too much signal will cause distortion. You could get around that by...
Thanks for the pictures. The Orange is such an iconic 1970s colour. If you ever get a Videosphere that would be the colour to go for. All three of...
Thanks. I had been looking for the number and a photo of that D8892 CD Boombox for some time. One of the very first. A friend of mine had just...
I keep wondering what your avatar of the three TVs is. Are they part of you collection. I have 2.5 JVC Videospheres but none of them are worthy of...
Welcome back. We all love to see photos. Just make sure you pick the right category "Auctions and Classifieds" looks right to me. On interest...
A bit of Googling found this http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/80scars.html For just $700 more you could have bought a new Datsun 120...
When I was learning electronics 40 years ago there was a choice of about eight magazines ETI Hobby Electronics (a beginners version of ETI)...
Yes the site was taken over by The Walkman Archive then moved to a new platform after the previous owners decided they could no longer afford to...
$3800 in (I would guess) 1981. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/panasonic_rf_9000.html That is the equivalent of over $10000 in today's money! I...
Sorry to hear about all the other things taking up your Hobby time. I have only just caught up with this thread. In response to the questions...
Just browsing the net I got this video as a Pop up advert...
As long as they don't do this. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It's a Sony - It was my MP3 player which I lost for five years. This is what had...
Greetings from just down the coast. Have a look at...
I find Philips interesting as a company as I work in the factory where they developed things like the ICs for their first CD players (although it...
I have just added the personal stereos pages from my unknown date French Philips catalogue (although most people think 1981/82)....
Now I can see what it looks like, two alternative ideas Connect the required points together with thin flexible wire. The sort of thing used for...
You haven't said how much it is. I certainly wouldn't have paid £134.95 back in winter 1982 [ATTACH] when you could have bought a Black and...
An advantage Technics would have had is that the SL1200 is mainly mechanical, while brushless DC motors (the clever bit behind direct drive) have...
To get an idea of what prices would be likely to be have a look at the new Technics SL-1200 record deck, which is built using new tooling as...
Separate names with a comma.