A little more information from an old blog...
Or those horrible snow shovels with the bent handle, torture on your wrists.... I remember a tiny bit on those speakers, I don't think they were...
No, I don't get on there too often these days...
If my memory is correct, Standard was building Marantz Recievers starting in the late 60's, Axel's Vintage Knob Forum is most likely the source...
They kind of had the same trajectory as Walkmans but three years earlier, just think how much they changed over five years.
http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/index.php?content_oid=442795680541881709&board_oid=193392314111653326 Closed Yahoo.jp Auctions...
I've got a few units with single "dead" VUs, any idea why these stop working? It's one part I never look into.
Are you getting one Cassette2go? The Forum Reader has a thread with a member snagging one, the photos are still on it.
The design cues are late 70's for sure, the refined knobs and huge amplifier must have been trendsetting at the time.
The Wayback Machine has a difficult search engine, I can't remember what magazine I pulled this out of, most likely Esquire.
I rarely saw big boxes, mostly at events where they didn't splurge on a real sound system.
The handwritting software was pretty amazing in some of those PDAs but some had crap, same with the word suggestions, I had an early phone similar...
Longman was wondering what the smallest box with phono in is, this might be it nickelindimer!
I like em. I have a boatload of three + piecers, yes in the old days they were not thought of highly but just look at the Sony FH Series, the...
Welcome! It's nice to see some members from your side of the world, a lot of great stuff was made over there.
I have the small four button Jornada and also have the 720 with the tinie-tiny keyboard. The hand helds were so nice for work, having...
I think people are also pulling them out of the closet, I used to check Marantz Boomboxes every day for years, maybe 1 or 2 would come up a year,...
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmjp.or.jp%2Fyumoto%2Finfok1e It looks like you can search for articles...
Superscope bought Standard Radio in Japan in the early 70's, the first time a Japanese Company was sold to a foreign firm. Standard Products are...
We had a member a few months ago, I think he had around four he was going to put up for sale. There was another member, years ago, maybe Germany,...
Separate names with a comma.