Thanks for that. That might have been me as the magazine looks to be Smash Hits with Andrew Ridgely holding the small TV. The prices might be...
Welcome. One of our members used to find an amazing selection of boxes in Athens' Flea Markets....
I'm stocking up on them :wink2 Unlike cassettes where there are still a few cheap mediocre machines being made, no one is manufacturing VCR decks...
I would guess they were all about the same time but in different markets. In the U.K. few people would have heard of JCPenney and Palladium...
Probably Mister X. £350 does sound about right for a top of the range box though. The Sharp VZ2000 was about the same (although the VZ2500) was...
According to the Bank of England £1372 On a comparable basis that was almost the same price as a BBC Computer. With all the emphasis on...
It is all down to three words Supply and Demand now for a car analogy. Near work there is company that deals in scrap metal. Last week I was...
It is a Sharp QT5 (which came in various pastel colours). Looking for a picture led me to discover a whole website of such things....
Name the box (which I never had a cassette door for).
Lasonic i931x. The yellow red blue gives it away. Continuing this theme of name the box while not being distracted [MEDIA]
When I bought most of this a bit more room. Most of this was bought between 1983 and 1985 when I was earning a decent wage, but still living with...
HiFi sound was much much better on the sound front than the linear sound tracks on earlier machines and is said to approach CD quality. It always...
Back at a more realistic price level, this weekend has been the first when non-essential shops have been allowed to open in the U.K. After going...
Nice work on the annotated diagram. Mine isn't so neat. My question was what happens with the third connection yo the sleep switch and the...
It is a bit difficult to tell what is going on without being able to see where the three connections to the "sleep" switch go. Do you have a test...
Here are a couple for the Mini System and MiniDisc fans [ATTACH] JVC CA-MD70R...
The Sony La Scala system really tests the definition of a Mini System I suggested of comparing it to an LP [ATTACH] Someone is selling a system...
At some point I will write an article trying to classify systems. I keep seeing people on ebay misusing the term Radiogram on eBay. While there...
Unfortunately nothing. Apparently they went bankrupt in 2015 and again in 2019. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_Electric There isn't any money...
I hope @nickeccles doesn't see that comment seeing he is such a fan of Curry's own brand which was Triumph. Since 1984 Curry's and Dixons have...
Separate names with a comma.