https://hackaday.com/2026/09/18/making-a-digital-music-player-for-cassette-decks/
Comparing the Dolby on the Aiwa HS-J36 and the much more expensive and coveted HS-J09. The J36 was a slightly later release, and made in Singapore...
And I suppose using a playback device with an equalizer can only partly compensate for the missing Dolby. My 1986 Aiwa HS-J9/09/600's fortunately...
No. I'm trying to remain an incidental accumulator of these things, not a collector. I've managed not to buy one for a few months now. The...
https://www.wearerewind.com/en-eu/products/lecteur-cassette-bluetooth-orange-serge Technical details AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS • Frequency response:...
https://www.slashgear.com/2250169/audio-brands-boom-box-revival-modern-listeners/
A few years before.
Follow up on making a battery lid for the Aiwa HS-J36/360/85. I made it out of two layers of aluminum flashing, epoxied together. This made it...
In 1964 I did a report on the relatively new innovation of plastic, for my science class at school. I still have the document. Plastic was...
I now have J9/09/600 in black, silver, red, blue and green. I think the blue is the most attractive. The silver is very whiteish and I haven't...
Thanks for the currency correction. I meant that these particular Aiwa models were made in Japan and so must have come from Japan one way or...
At the moment on Goofish, China, for Aiwa HS-J9/09/600 for sale, there are approximately these numbers and average prices (Yen) by color: Black:...
If you need to replace a multi-wire harness, transformer winding wire is a good replacement. To make it look neat you can line up the wires on a...
My attempts to mold plastic things this small have failed. Either I warm them too quickly and they distort, or they harden while only partially...
I'm not surprised the J85's tuner is different from the J9's. Just disappointed. While the electronics of the cheap J85/36/369 are practically the...
On my bench today is an Aiwa HS-J85. It's in poor shape and I bought it as a cheap source for an AM/FM/TV tuner for a corroded tuner in an Aiwa...
I haven't been happy with all the belts I bought from DeckTech. On the other hand, I've been completely satisfied with the belts from...
To illustrate some of the differences between the early production Aiwa HS-J9 main boards, here are two of them. Among other differences, the two...
As for the blue #15 J9. This was the first player I've bought that was totally dead. The main board and the mechanism were extensively corroded....
Follow up on these two Aiwa HS-J9's. The short version is that I got both of them sorted out. The long versions are in separate posts, so as to...
Separate names with a comma.