Congrats, Alex! Always good to see progress. About the same numbers I'm getting on my recent WM-150 restore. Cheers! Norm
Welcome! That Koss A-2B is interesting, never knew Koss ever made a cassette player. Per previous recommendation, DeoxIT Fader F5 first....
I was rather taken aback by the performance of the CR-2a compared to my beloved Yamaha KX-630. I did not expect the Nak to outperform the Yamaha....
Thanks, MrX. Yes, I ordered a replacement from Russell Industries.
Hello Folks. I want to share my experience when buying off eBay. It can be hit or miss, but we already know this. I recently bought a...
I'm also out of ideas, Alex. I've been following this thread since the beginning and I know you've done a lot of work with methodical thinking...
Thanks, Valentin. I have a Nakamichi CR-2a in the queue for restoration, I know it is an entry level unit. What is your opinion of that tape deck?
My recording deck is a Yamaha KX-630 that I partially serviced - new belts/pinch roller, clean/lube, demagnetized, speed and azimuth calibrated...
I’ve very recently changed my opinion about Dolby. Maybe all my equipment is in need of Dolby calibration? I’ve found there is less compression,...
Thank you, Valentin, that is great advice. The more restore projects I do on these Walkman's, the more I use the 'listening' test. While there...
Thanks, Valentin, interesting article. The azimuth is slightly off in both directions. If listening to a cassette, you really wouldn’t detect it...
As a side note, it does not sound so good with my Koss Porta Pro. It does sound fantastic with my Grado SR60 with the DBB in the mid position.
Here’s an update to my WM-150 repair. I did fashion a clutch spring from a guitar B string. It worked well enough. Having said that, I did end up...
Thank you, Alex, that is very kind of you. I bought a junker WM-AF604, it would seem they share a lot of the same components. I just need to...
I did not Alex. I never figured out where that mystery part that fell out goes. You may recall that I bought a second one only to discover that...
I bought the ferric chloride off of Amazon, MG Chemicals 415-1L Ferric Chloride. Norm
Sorry to hear that, Alex, the new belt did not help. Can't remember if I had mentioned it previously, ensure there are no unnecessary twists in...
Hello folks. I'm looking for a take-up reel [part# 3-348-150-01 in the service manual] for a Sony WM-150. I believe it's the same as the one in...
I also have the PortaPro and love the sound signature. Mostly used with my Walkman's. I bet it's magnitudes more comfortable than the original...
I should also mention, some have commented in other forums that ferric chloride is a bad idea. Why is that? If not properly handled, it can etch...
Separate names with a comma.