aiwa xp-sr320 stopped playing audio

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by daitheflu, Jul 27, 2021.

1. daitheflu

daitheflu New Member

it acts like normal when i put a cd in, except there's no audio at all. the volume buttons do nothing.
    i can still hear the beeps when i pause or skip a track, the minutes and seconds show up along with the track number, and the cd is rotating, but the music just never plays. it does this for every cd i own, and i tried switching out the batteries and using different headphones but im pretty confident theres a problem with the walkman itself. is there a way i can fix this?
    the back says it was manufactured may 2001

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Looks like this Discman does not have Line-out, so there is not much else you can test without opening her up! The good news - Service Manual is available for free here:

https://elektrotanya.com/aiwa_xp-sr320_xp-sr321.pdf/download.html

Since you hear BEEPS, the headphone jack is solid, and the line between h/p amp (IC701) is open, 220uF/4V coupling capacitors C718 and C719 still OK, and IC701 transfers the signal from BEEP(17) to OUT-R(8) and OUT-L(6). Take a close look around IC701 and IC702 (Volume), since both L and R channels are dead check first for something like Q703 which kills both channels when going Bad. But most probably you will see the problem right away, like leaking bypass electrolytic or a piece of dirt. Check the Flex-Board going into the lid, sometimes they crack

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Mister X likes this.