Amazing what you find when clearing out boxes in the attic...

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Tredders, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Tredders

Tredders New Member

I was having a clear out of some boxes in my attic, and came across a number of old Walkman models that had been up there for years. I obviously liked Sony back in the day!

It's a humble collection, especially when compared with some of the amazing collections I've seen on here, but bought back some happy memories for me. Interestingly, everything worked fine, and the only work needed was to fit a new set of belts to the WM4...

[​IMG]

The only new model in the photo is the 40th Anniversary Walkman (small blue player in the centre).

I've since added a nice Aiwa P202 that I found locally, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sounds great and has the original case too.

2. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

these attics ... how many treasures they hide :thumbsup::headphones:

3. Derek marshall

Derek marshall Well-Known Member

Hi Tredders. Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of help here from some very knowledgeable people here. I see you have a nice wm-4 in red which is very nice. I also have one but in the usual silver which was my very first Walkman I bought back in the eighties. It is o e of the loudest walkmans and feed it a well recorded metal tape through some good headphones and it sounds good. Mine has been just about everywhere with me a d apart from just having g the belts replaced it is still going strong. Welcome again. Derek.

Sly., stereomecha99 and Tredders like this.
  4. nickelindimer

nickelindimer Active Member

That Watchman looks like a model I saw in an episode of "Mad About You"... and the last design made before everyone gave-up on making pocket televisions.