Backpack Boombox

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by allan1836, Aug 28, 2023.

1. allan1836

allan1836 New Member

Hi Guys ! Been awhile since I've been here but today is a wonderful day to be here, I just found a unique boombox that is literally designed as a backpack. Introducing the JVC RS-WP1. I believe it was introduced in the late 90's as a portable boombox which can play with D batteries similar to their Kaboom series. Unlike the Kaboom series which is more famous , probably because of it's long production and numerous iteration, this "Backpack" version is quite seldom seen in the market. What is more surprising is , it's overall sound quality IMHO is better than the Kaboom , though not much in the low bass, which the Kaboom excel. But from the midbass to the high frequency, the RS-WP1 is a lot clearer , smoother and has the characteristic of a refined component. Anybody here has the same unit , hope to see some.

Attached Files:

thid and Mister X like this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

That pops up over here on ebay once in a while but you're right, it's pretty rare and I think you posted the first one.

So is the idea that you wear it and everybody can hear your music or is it heavy and you carry it to a spot and set it down? Is there a remote for the controls?