Cassette Culture: 1st prerecorded cassette market in BCN

Discussion in 'Music: Albums, cassettes, new releases...' started by walkman archive, May 12, 2018.

1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Cassette-culture.jpg

Once more, Barcelona is doing something different and innovative, and this time it will be a prerecorded cassette market. It will be in the famous Sala Apolo, just one evening. There will be many small cassette labels that will sell and share their new releases.

There also will be new and small artists that are releasing their music on cassette format, and also several TJ sessions... and guess what? I'll be TJ'ing too! (well, I'd like to say CJ instead of TJ but it's the same thought).

There will be room for you to come in and share/swap/sell/buy your own used/new cassettes. So, will you pass?? Don't miss the opportunity!!

CASSETTE CULTURE (translated in english here)

Saturday June 30th, from 17 to 21h

Sala Apolo, Barcelona. View in maps.

You have a cassette label or want to contact the organization? Contact: deadmoonrex@gmail.com

2. walkman archive

I'm contact with the guy in charge and he offered me to CJ there. So I'll be CJ'ing on 30th there! :smoke

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Wish I could attend
    Please post some pictures.

4. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Interesting looking forward to the pics.

5. walkman archive

This saturday I've been at Cassette Culture, the very first market for small releases in cassette. See my first post about that.

I've been CJ'ing for an hour and a half and it was a lot of fun, though it was more like ambient music rather than loud music for dancing. These small labels were selling mostly experimental, industrial and noise styles in cassette and just one selling heavy metal and hard core, which are styles I don't like so much but I hope in future editions there will be also other genres.

Some guys told me they duplicate the tapes themselves using dual well decks; other use external services like tapeline in the UK.

Well, here are some photos that my good friend TJ Autoreverse took:

Apolo-3.jpg Apolo-4.jpg Apolo-5.jpg Apolo-6.jpg Apolo-7.jpg Apolo-8.jpg Apolo-9.jpg Apolo-10.jpg Apolo-12.jpg Apolo-14.jpg Apolo-16.jpg Apolo-18.jpg Apolo-19.jpg Apolo-20.jpg Apolo-21.jpg Apolo-22.jpg Apolo-23.jpg Apolo-25.jpg Apolo-27.jpg Apolo-29.jpg Apolo-30.jpg Apolo-31.jpg Apolo-34.jpg Apolo-39.jpg Apolo-41.jpg Apolo-44.jpg Apolo-45.jpg

Boodokhan likes this.
  6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I notice 3 things in these pictures Boodokhan T-shirt ,D6C walkman and the most important one , happy people. :applause

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  7. walkman archive

You're right :thumbup:
    The boodo khan T-shirt is my favorite. I keep it only for special ocasions like this one. Previously I played DD30s, DD33s TPS-L2 and even some more modern walkmans but for several reasons the D6C is the best for that. One is the pause button: it's a must.
    So this time I went with two D6C, although I also took a DD30, DD33 and TPS.L2 just in case...