FS Sony Walkman WM-DC2 Gear Issue repaired by Doctor Walkman

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by jsgunner, Aug 2, 2024 at 9:55 PM.

1. jsgunner

jsgunner New Member

Local Pickup in NYC preferred
    $1700 USD

I bought this back in 2015, and sent it to Doctor Walkman to get it repaired. It took him 9 years, but I finally got it back. Sadly within that time, I sold most of my cassette and vinyl collection, so I don't really need this.

Gear is replaced, and is set to factory settings with no upgrades. Runs so smooth and no issues with gear any more.

Cosmetically, it's really clean with a few scruffs.

Functionally, all buttons and switches work. Phone and Line jack work. Noise reduction works, along with the tape type switch. There is some noise when the volume dial hits the area between "3" and "4". The phones jack also has some noise when moving it. But these don't affect listening when not being turned or dialed. It'll probably go away with more use. Another issue is that the rewind sometimes doesn't engage, but the problem doesn't seem to have returned after I kept engaging it. Doctor Walkman modified and repaired it to his best ability. If the player is sat for a while, I suspect it could happen again. But I have full confidence that it'll be fine.

I have 9 years worth of conversations via email with Doctor Walkman as proof. He doesn't provide invoices since he said repairing it is his hobby and not a business.

IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1057.JPG IMG_1058.JPG IMG_1059.JPG IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1061.JPG IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1063.JPG

Emiel likes this.