Got bored from Head-Fi

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Krayzie, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

Glad I found this forum by chance so I can reconnect with my old hobby of Sony Walkman and Discman. Head-Fi has moved on to the new expensive bling headphone experience, which I find could only sound close but no cigar to the old 30+ year old Sony stuff which younger folks find it hard to believe. Too bad they are missing out big time lol!

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club, @Krayzie !!! I also defected (as serge1996 there) from head-fi to here some moons ago... Nowadays S2G is the only place with some action on Discmans. Feel your posted sentiments on Sony headphones... have no comments on the subject ‘cause my favorites are Sennheisers/Beyerdynamics, I must have missed on the ‘Sony Sound’ ....

3. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go Krayzie

I am a member of Head-Fi too, to be honest it does not matter what others on Head-Fi use. I have been to Can-Jams and I still use my Walkman, in fact I had Jude listen to my Sony WM-D6C and he was impressed as was many others that listened to the Walkman both D6C and DC2.

I have to admit I always use them with an amp.

Attached Files:

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! That's good to know about the headphones, I have a ton of old Sonys around here. I had to quickly check out the other forum, they've really grown over the years, some of those threads are getting millions of hits, unbelievable.