Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by aclstands, Jan 18, 2023.

1. aclstands

aclstands New Member

I am from Brisbane, Australia and have been collecting boombox's for a number of years and used to repair a few for people in the neighborhood when i was younger.Not really into anything else like walkmans or cd players, i missed the old sound of vinyl and cassette so i decided to start collecting a few boombox's again and start repairing them and specifically making some repro parts for various units when i wasn't busy selling 3D printed designs and acrylic stands and displays for collectors.Anyhow the reason i decided to sign in was actually by accident because i saw a post what looks like on the old forums you had of someone that wanted some of the Sanyo mic mounts and i just recently acquired the Sanyo M9990k so i thought i would try and help out and see what i can make for the boombox community.Thanks to Stereo2Go for keeping the boombox's alive, its great to read all the information here.

Regards Adrian (ACL Stands)

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! We were lucky and some of the "old" forum was recovered but it was impossible to merge it into this version several years ago so it's labeled "Old_forum" up top. Also unfortunately, the threads from way back in the early 2000's, have also vanished over time. There was a lot of information about restoration and the cool work they did to get units looking good again.

Post your stuff, guys go nuts over some of the replacement parts, anybody remember Kittmaster and the M90 repro remotes?

3. overmodulated

overmodulated Active Member

Welcome to the forum Adrian!

4. Rudy Rodriguez

Rudy Rodriguez Member

Welcome Adrian. I own a couple Sanyo M9990 boomboxes (wish I had a K version like you). When working, they were my "daily drivers" because they sound amazing for its size and look good doing it. Right now, I have to replace the belts on both of them and they are a bitch to fix. I'm thinking of doing a belt replacement video for it and putting it on YouTube. Did yours come with the instruction manual? The timer cassette features are not intuitive.

overmodulated likes this.
  5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go aclstands

overmodulated likes this.