Hello from Tapehead City!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by C.Tapes, Apr 13, 2020.

1. C.Tapes

C.Tapes New Member

Hey All, My name is Charlie and I'm excited to join your community! I've known about this site for years, but now with NY being in lockdown I finally have some extra time to dive in! I started an online cassette tape store back in 2014 and it's been so much fun, and it's still running!
    Most my home listening is done on a Kenwood KX-W595 and a Yamaha KX-W321. I know probably not the best, but I've always just thrifted my equipment. Lately tho I've really been enjoying home listening via walkman and hoping to upgrade to a better model soon. I'm currently using a Sony WM-F2015, Sony WM-FX195, a random sharp and one of those new Jensen models. None of which are overly impressive. The F2015 seems to do the best. Im very interested in trying a Sony WM-D6C if i can find one at a reasonable price.

So yea without rambling too much I just wanted to introduce myself and say i'm looking forward to learning from this forum and sharing some of the things i've come across over the years. Cheers!

Sly. likes this.
  2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Hello and welcome.

You should post a link to your online store

https://www.cassettecomeback.com/ is already a friend site.

I was going to say he is U.K. based, but it seems he now has a Canadian store as well.

Sly. and C.Tapes like this.
  3. C.Tapes

C.Tapes New Member

Cool i'll check this out. thanks!

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome C.Tapes! Don't worry about the thrift store equipment, back in the old days of the forum it was a badge of honor if your equipment was sourced locally.

5. KJ Bleus Parsons

KJ Bleus Parsons Active Member

Greetings and good fortune to you grabbing a WM-D6 out there !!!

Bleusy

6. Sly.

Sly. Active Member

Welcome! Yes, please post a link to your store! EDIT: Heh, silly me, I could have simply put a part of your thread title into a search engine. Found it. :thumbsup:

I have the WM-F2015's sister model, a WM-2011. Same thing but without a radio, I'm pretty satisfied with it as well. A very reliable unit!

Hope you're safe in these times. :wink2

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020