Hello from UK / China

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by sazabi2001, Apr 21, 2022.

1. sazabi2001

sazabi2001 New Member

Hi, I used to be a huge fan of portable equipments, and I think I used to have almost everything, I really mean everything when I was in China.

I used to have almost every Sony Discman from original D50 to DE01, including Z555. All Sony MDR e2x2 / e4x4 / e5x5 and e8x8 earphones. Has all DD Walkman from original DD to DD9, all EX single digits from EX1 to EX2000, and most Other Sony Walkmans (surprisingly never had a TPS-L2). Also had all AIWA CassetteBoys and All AIWA “9s” earphones (v9 v99 d9 and j9). All SONY pocket size DATs and both NT1 and NT2. Also got some rare thing such as Denon DCP100 and Telefunken CFM-3.

I sold most of my stuff and moved to UK in 2007, life goes on and I’m now less enthusiastic about this. I still keep a few of them as a memory of my past self, but I hardly listen to them nowadays. I’m happy that I discovered here by chance, maybe I can join some of the discussion later on.

Just to say I’m not joking, here is what I still have right now. Not a lot left but they’re all my treasures.

[​IMG]

Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and thanks for sharing! Feel free to tell any stories about Chinese Equipment and buying audio when you were younger, we don't have many members from there but they do have amazing collections. Any idea why there were so many Sharp GF-777's? We used to see lots of advertisements of those shipping from China.