Hello new friends!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Panthea B, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Panthea B

Panthea B New Member

I’m new to this site and excited to learn more. I’ve always been a vinyl guy but have recently gotten into exploring cassettes to revisit my nostalgic 80s/90s childhood.

I am currently hunting for a battery compartment for a Wm-f100III - I can’t locate one anywhere!

additionally I’ve purchased a sankyo str-250, have yet to receive but am excited to take a trip back to the early 80s!

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go Panthea B

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! I think a good portion of us have vinyl and cassettes, personally I was grabbing all it 20 years ago when everyone was cleaning house. I keep looking at a big old Technics in my shop that I want to clean up and pull out some of my boxed up records, they've been stored for the last five years.

thid likes this.
  4. Panthea B

Panthea B New Member

I’m always behind the times! I scour thrift stores for cassettes but you can tell the good ones already have a home. I’m not looking for polka renditions of silent night lol

Mister X likes this.
  5. Panthea B

Panthea B New Member

Thanks!! Glad to be here :)

6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

The glory days of audio hunting was from 2002 to around 2013, stuff was everywhere but it can still be found, the thrift stores got smart so you don't see cool stuff there anymore but you will see it at garage sales and sometimes flea markets. Craigslist and Ebay are nice but you have to constantly be on the look-out for deals. Good luck!