Hi there, new on the forum :)

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Anthème, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Anthème

Anthème New Member

Hi there !

My name is Anthème and I'm a 21 years old cassette enjoyer from France !
    Super happy to join the forum after spending hours and hours on it.

I've always been passionated with cassettes, but lately I found out that I could just grab my first portable cassette player, a Sony TCS 430 (that I love so much) and then I fell into the rabbit hole of fixing walkmans.

I had to replace the belts of course, but also there was a buzzing noise that I got rid of by cleaning and cycling the play/switch button. I set the azimuth and voilà !!

I also had the immense joy of buying a mint Sony D6C for 80euors, it came with a faulty IC601 that I replaced myself from a DD11 that I couldn't repair. I really felt so proud of myself at that moment, I had never done micro-soldering, just a few wires here and there, and even if I don't really understand what is going on in the electronics I still managed to succeed in something that was very intimidating for me ahah.
    Now everything works exept a little thing that will be soon posted in /tech ...

I feel really grateful for all the posts about walkmans issues and how to fix them on this forum, it helped me a lot, thank you people !

Now I'm pursuing my cassette hobby and I think I'll just really start collecting and fixing walkmans that I like.

Can't wait to learn more with you and get to know you all better !

2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Welcome and the only thing I envy of you is that I cannot do micro soldering because I shake when holding the soldering iron for something that small. That and the only electronic tool that I use is a a VOM. When it needs to be more involved than that, I let someone else repair it, whatever it may be.

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your repairs, feel free to post your adventures! My Mate Vince on YouTube does a lot of surface mount repairs and started as a beginner, he has a lot of good advice for equipment and troubleshooting.