Hifi Tom is back

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Hifi Tom, May 2, 2024.

1. Hifi Tom

Hifi Tom New Member

Hello

After a break from more than 10 years, I find the time to get back in this forum.

Time bringing chances in my life: wife, children, building a house, … was the last few years the priority … but‘s It’s done, so It’s time to come back …

Best wishes
    TOM

Hyperscope, Valentin and Radio Raheem like this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back! Your name has been discussed over the years with your quest for the ultimate HiFi Boombox, it's good to have your knowledge back. Unfortunately as you may know, the forum host's changes over the years has been devastating on the old threads, some can be found in the "Old_forum" button up top but alot got erased including a ton of photos.

3. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Well-Known Member

Ah! Welcome back! A few months ago I was asking Mr.X about really good sounding boom boxes (1 piece compact ones mainly) and he referenced your name. So I started doing searches for "HiFi Tom" all over the place and found old thread fragments here as well more on boomboxery. Anyway, seems Panasonic early 1990's had, arguably, some of the best sounding ones according to @Radio Raheem and others. See in the "best threads" over on boombox section the 2016 thread "My thoughts about boomboxes". It would be awesome if you could add your views to that linked discussion! Again, Welcome back! (PS: I am completely new here and just interested in boomboxes for a couple of years.)