Holiday Greetings .....

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by KJ Bleus Parsons, Dec 22, 2018.

1. KJ Bleus Parsons

KJ Bleus Parsons Active Member

A satisfying holiday and prosperous new year to my buddies at the Stereo2Go Forum !!!

a+ bleusnak 550holidayss.jpg

Cheers,

KJ Bleus Parsons
    MadCity, WI USA

Mister X and Jorge like this.
  2. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Season Greetings to everyone at STG.

Jorge likes this.
  3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Thank you guys
    Merry Christmas and happy new year to all S2G members/ their family/ friends :christmas:christmas:christmas:christmas

Jorge likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Merry Christmas everyone, and a prosperous 2019

Jorge likes this.
  5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas my friends!!! :christmas

It is too early to brag who got the best Santa presents this year, but I just cannot wait any longer!!!
    My friend @Boodokhan, on top of playing the role of my Guardian Angel, took it upon himself the role of Santa. I got a desk full of awesomeness!!!
    As St.Nick (@nickeccles) says, "et voila!":
    Christmas2018.jpg

Toshiba RT-8700S is already in pieces (I cannot Good Enough leave alone, even on Christmas Eve!), but D6C and Conion are still intact and Totally Awesome!!!

6. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Happy Christmas. I hope "The Boss" got something to her liking as well.
    I hope things go better for you in 2019.

Jorge and Boodokhan like this.
  7. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

:christmas Merry Christmas everyone , best wishes to all S2G for 2019 ! :christmas

Mister X, Jorge and Boodokhan like this.
  8. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Et Viola!!

Jorge and Mister X like this.
  9. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

New heads just fitted on mine! Great sound now I love these stereo's!

Et Viola:

20181227_225242.jpg

Mister X and Jorge like this.
  10. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

And here is mine:
    IMG_3395sm.jpg

Finished just in time to unpack yet another present, this lovely Sharp:
    IMG_3392sm.jpg

@Longman went behind my back and sent it at @Boodokhan address knowing that I am still here... You guys are my saviors, but you must Stop This!!! Now I have only one pair of jeans and shoes, but quite a few bboxes... as it should be, He-He ;)
    Happy Holidays to all, see you at my fav Beer'n'Boomboxes chat soon :drinks

11. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sweet box, what the heck are all those buttons for?

We need some more festive cheer in the B&B thread, it's like George Thorogood, "I Drink Alone" over there....

12. Longman

Good to see that the Sharp got there O.K.
    We assumed that buying jeans and shoes shouldn't be a problem :hmmmYou can buy them here in the local supermarket for less than the price of one of their Vinyl LPs. How times have changed.

Buying the Sharp at a car boot sale some years ago actually took far more effort than money, as the seller had left her friend in charge of her stall who didn't know the price. I had to go back three times before finally catching up with the seller and buying it,

On a more serious note I will be interested to hear how any insurance claim you make goes. As I commented before I was looking at policies and they seem to think that "New for Old" is a huge benefit that everyone should be pleased to have. It might be acceptable with the Naim gear but I don't understand how it would work with anything like a vintage Boombox or Discman.

I fully understand that you will probably want a new house before worrying about things like HiFi

All the best to everyone for 2019. Personally I will also be glad to see the back of 2018. At one point things (car - house plumbing etc) seemed to be breaking faster than I could fix them or get them fixed. In the case of the car the repairs were all paid for by the manufacturer, but there was no compensation for being left stranded at the side of the road when I was supposed to be out enjoying a friends birthday meal.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Boodokhan likes this.
  13. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Oh, Yes, it would be interesting to see how they are going to exchange Naim CDS3 for its "substitute" CDS555!!! :)
    Not for me to know, unfortunately: I had only mortgage insurance on the house, nothing else... :(

14. Longman

I'm sorry to hear that Jorge.

The one slightly related insurance claim that I knew about was when an ex girlfriend had her VCR stolen (back when they were the first thing burglars went for). As a "new for old" replacement the insurance company gave her a Samsung VCR from some company they obviously had a deal with. She was always of the opinion that the Samsung wasn't as good as the one that got stolen, especially when the front panel display became very dim after about two years use.

Since VCRs are no longer even made I don't know what they would do these days.Probably claim you didn't need one as recording is built into their choice of TV.

Does anyone else have any experiences with dealing with insurance companies; Either good or bad. ? No matter-how much insurance you have you only get to find out how good the company is when you need to make a claim.

I wasn't that impressed by Natwest when I contacted them about the damage caused by my leak. They expected me to arrange all the repairs myself. With a £350 excess as well I decided it was easier to do the work required (repairing Parquet flooring etc) myself. That has taken up most of my "Hobby" time for the last four months.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  15. KJ Bleus Parsons

KJ Bleus Parsons Active Member

That's a bummer, losses of personal property.......

Its New Years eve now; best wishes and good fortune in the future to all of you, and enjoy your cassette driven music !!!

Bleusy

16. Sly.

Sly. Active Member

I hope all of you will have a good start into 2019!