How often?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Kiwinut, Aug 28, 2024.

1. Kiwinut

Kiwinut Member

How often do you lessen to tapes?
    I use my Walkman (D6C) about 8 hours a week. This year I will get my other one (D6C) repaired and rebuilt after loaning it out (never again)
    I keep thinking about purchasing another one but I love the sound of the one I have.
    I have been looking for another classic Walkman but have been unable to decide which one.

Cheers Kiwinut

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I don't listen everyday but I do have a tape deck in my work truck. I love finding garage sale/thrift store tapes and playing them on the rush hour ride home.

I also have several working boomboxes and will crank them occasionally.

Cassette2go likes this.
  3. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

i have plenty units but hardly us'em. if i have a tape, i use a tc-d5. otherwise i spin wax.

maybe it's time to change my habits and use a Walkman every now and then...

Mister X and Cassette2go like this.
  4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Not very often, although I did play a cassette last week. Like @Mister X it was something I picked up and wanted to hear. It would bug me if I couldn't. My most extreme example of that was buying a MiniDisc player after acquiring just one MiniDisc and wanting to hear what was on it.

Mister X likes this.
  5. Rune Lindman

Rune Lindman Member

1-2 hours a day. I more or less fully moved from streaming to cassette and walkmans as I realised how much more I appreciate music this way. I do however put high demands on quality of my recordings, mostly Type II tapes and Dolby C.

Hyperscope, Mister X and Kiwinut like this.
  6. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Well-Known Member

Right now down to about a few hours a week. If I get a proper fully re-capped and fully calibrated deck then it might increase. But I simply don't have any pre-recorded cassettes. (All I have is what I record myself. So that's why I need a fully rebuild and properly / completely serviced deck. Here is an example of what proper service entails. Sadly this is UK voltage, as are all his decks being sold.)