Introduction

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by wheaties1909, Aug 8, 2023.

1. wheaties1909

wheaties1909 New Member

Introducing myself as a tapehead and walkman fan located in the state of Wisconsin, USA. I've been a browser of the forum for years but this is my first post. Hoping to continue my enjoyment as a more active member of the forum. With Walkmans my current models for listening are D6C and DD33. With Discmans my primary model is a humble but reliable D-34.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome from across the border, sounds like you have some impressive models, feel free to post your equipment.

3. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go wheaties1909

4. wheaties1909

wheaties1909 New Member

Thanks for the welcome, Mister X and TooCooL4. I am very satisfied with the D6C. Sounds excellent and I've enjoyed many hours on it! The DD33 in comparison doesn't quite satisfy the same. To me it seems like my specimen might have some issues with higher frequency response. My impression is that some tapes play back fine with no noticeable issue. Other tapes sound a bit muffled or distorted. In short, part of my reason for being a member here it to lean more about the DD33 and it's quirks. Maybe there is something I can eventually do to improve it somewhat!

5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

The DD33 is not a bad unit, but it's way behind the D6C. Give the DD33 a good clean as with most units a dirty pinch roller or capstan will not allow the tape to stay true and you will lose the highs and things will be muffled.

I have had plenty of DD33's in the past, in fact I still have many in bits as I have used the main gear to mend my DC2's.

If you can get a DC2, I find it sits between the D6C and DD9 for sound quality. probably the sweet spot in that group.

Coley1969 and Boodokhan like this.